test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BUG: Crashes During The Starbase 24 Mission

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited February 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
The game keeps crashing for me while I am doing the mission to rescue the 6 people and access the computer, I've tried to run it four times and it always crashes, so I lose all progress, then after I log back in, it auto respawns me outside of the base in my ship right in the middle of the battle and I get destroyed because I cannot get away, so then it respawns me at the part of the Starbase 24 external mission where all the ships [Starfleet] warp in to do the mission, so I can then make my way back to the base to do the internal mission only to have it crash again.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This is happening to me too, around the first loading area inside the base and close by hallways.
    Crashes to the desktop, sometimes a DirectX error popup shows, but mostly the Cryptic error message box to send bug reports.
    edited January 2010
    Jarnz wrote: »
    This is happening to me too, around the first loading area inside the base and close by hallways.
    Crashes to the desktop, sometimes a DirectX error popup shows, but mostly the Cryptic error message box to send bug reports.

I actually made it to the end on the second -- of the four that crashed -- run I did, all I had to do was access the computer and download the data and it crashed just as I was getting close to the computer. The last crash happened inside the second room just after you beam into the first room.
    edited January 2010
    These crashes are happening everywhere today. I got it on the Starter missions too
    edited January 2010
    For me, it's been that one mission since early Wednesday morning.
    edited January 2010
    As it is related to Starbase 24, I noticed that, even though the mission and location says Starbase 24, the text offered during this mission mentions Starbase 13 throughout. Which of the two is correct?
    edited January 2010
    TimS84 wrote: »
    As it is related to Starbase 24, I noticed that, even though the mission and location says Starbase 24, the text offered during this mission mentions Starbase 13 throughout. Which of the two is correct?

I think they need to fix that, it's a bug, so file it.
    edited January 2010
    Confirmed.

Starbase 24 crashes on my ATI Radeon 5870 with Catalyst drivers 9.12 Windows 7 x64, causing a crash to desktop and an error report to Cryptic. Then when you reload the game it scans all the files as if there is file corruption, not the case here.

Glad to see I am not alone! :D
    edited January 2010
    same here, got the crash twice in 15 min on the same area, inside the starbase 24
    edited January 2010
    solarnova wrote: »
    Confirmed.

Starbase 24 crashes on my ATI Radeon 5870 with Catalyst drivers 9.12 Windows 7 x64, causing a crash to desktop and an error report to Cryptic. Then when you reload the game it scans all the files as if there is file corruption, not the case here.

Glad to see I am not alone! :D

We should be getting the 10.1 drivers soon, however, it's not a graphics problem that's crashing the game, it's the game itself.
    edited January 2010
    Hi Guys,

I'm running windows 7 32 bit RC1 with a Radeon 5770, and have been getting it crash to desktop on Starbase 24, and a few other missions where you take part in ground assualts\rescues. I believe it could be a memory handling bug, but either way, I fixed it by resetting all of the graphics settings to defaults, then just changing the resolution back to my 16:10 res (1680x1050).

Hope this helps!
    edited January 2010
    I run a win7 64 bit HD 4870 on 9.12's and I get the crash as well. I can't finish a lot of missions because the crash always occurs.
    edited January 2010
    get the same crash with my HD 4870 X2
    edited January 2010
    So... did you guys try my fix? Post result --
    edited January 2010
    No, but that means its one of the settings.
    edited January 2010
    Are you guys sure it's not a graphics problem? I notice you all use Radeon cards. I use Nvidia, and have not had a crash like that yet anywhere in the game (did Starbase 24 mission twice).
    edited February 2010
    I don't think this is a graphics card issue... I'm running this on a ASUS Notebook w/ ATI HD2600 series & have had only 1 crash since I started in Open Beta 2 days before it closed. However, I can't find the USS McCoy in this mission, though running the quest 3-4 times. I just finish trying to complete the quest again, only to kill all enemies after uploading the data, game told me I completed defending the McCoy, though I never seen the McCoy on the map. Once I tried to transport the scientists to the McCoy, I searched the whole map, kill every enemy on the map, only to find the McCoy MIA. Someone please advise if they have completed this quest & how.

Thank You.
    edited February 2010
    Same ive crashed 3 times now in the Starbase 24 trying to rescue the 6 ppl..... Just going to try and warp out and do it another time when its fixed...
    edited February 2010
    I have a different problem with star base 24, even after I completed the mission aand collected the reward, I got a call from the admiral saying that I had to do the mission over again, did it again and the mission still won't go away.