test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Borg Bridge Officer - Bugged?

2»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I heard that Nano Probes, Efficiency, Borg Nural Blast are only available for the libarated borg playable characters ? i have created one and got the above skills
    edited February 2010
    OmfgCoke wrote:
    My officer is also missing special traits.

Same mine is missing them also :-(
    edited February 2010
    I heard that Nano Probes, Efficiency, Borg Nural Blast are only available for the libarated borg playable characters ? i have created one and got the above skills

They have been advertising the traits you mentioned for months as the amazon pre-order, for a borg BO. The lifetime deal was added much closer to launch. If they did it on purpose to make those with a lifetime sub feel "special" then it is a scam. It means the amazon pre-order is now worthless.
    edited February 2010
    Moklonus wrote: »
    I pre-ordered, etc.. etc... I just went to the C-Store and claimed it, but it isn't showing up anywhere in my crew or as available anywhere. Am I not looking in the right place or have to do something else?

Thx:confused:

my amazon package just arrived but i'm hesitating to play before i know this bug is resolved. when you said you went to the c-store and claimed it, is there anything special to do? i saw another thread where someone got email from amazon with code - or was that only for headstart?
    edited February 2010
    my amazon package just arrived but i'm hesitating to play before i know this bug is resolved. when you said you went to the c-store and claimed it, is there anything special to do? i saw another thread where someone got email from amazon with code - or was that only for headstart?

The code unlocks it for you all you then do is go online create a charater and claim it via c-store
    edited February 2010
    I just went to the page that shows the retailers, and when you click on details for amazon and hover cursor over borg BO, it still shows the three skills. They really do need to address this. As a lifetime sub, it is one thing to not be able to play until my box shows up (so much for grace period) but another thing to change the service promised, when it is still traceable on their own website. As stated, hopefully a bug and not intentional.

I would think a dev post on this is in order.
    edited February 2010
    anyone got any more news on this ? I submitted the problem as a item bug report (because thats what I hope it its) yesterday and have yet to hear anything.
    edited February 2010
    I'm having the same issue, the Borg Boff appears to have none of the promised traits :( Please fix soon
    edited February 2010
    This is VERY disconcerting. It seems as though there has been a lot of 'bait and switch' going on lately. Gamers need to be able to trust the game company when committing to a long term engagement with an MMO. So far I have given Cryptic the benefit of the doubt but changing HUGE things about the game after something different was promised is great way to lose the faith of your audience.

I almost never buy things from Amazon but I went out of my way to do so this time because they had a fantastic pre-order item. Now it's completely useless and the fact that no one has so far come to say their borg is working correctly I'm going to guess this is 'working as intended'.

On top of that my game apparently got lost somewhere because it was supposed to arrive yesterday and so far is only showing 'in transit'. I know this isn't Cryptic's fault but it does help illustrate the reason why I never buy things from Amazon and wouldn't have done so otherwise.

I bought a life-time subscription and right now I'm very worried about the future of this game.
    edited February 2010
    Deathria wrote:
    the fact that no one has so far come to say their borg is working correctly I'm going to guess this is 'working as intended'.

I wouldn't assume that. As much as I and everyone here would like Cryptic to comment on this issue... well there's a plethora of issues they could comment on. It seems dev responses to issues on the forums is spotty and random, so I wouldn't take their silence to mean anything at all.

Given that this was a pre-order bonus, it was not tested in beta at any time that I'm aware of so it could just be a really idiotic oversight on the part of whoever built this bonus.
    edited February 2010
    Judeaux wrote: »
    I noticed now that cryptic has changed the pre order page to reflect the lack of unique skills, all it lists now are the ground and space abilities, nano probes neural blast and efficieny are gone

It still lists those 3 unique skills on their retail page when you click details on Amazon.com... they ADVERTISED those skills when I purchased the item, and they are STILL advertising Nano Probes, Neural Blast, and Efficiency. Just KEEP ENTERING A TICKET FOR IT every time you log on.

[edit] here's a screenshot of their retail page advertising it as we speak: http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p303/thebeav111/BorgBridgeOfficer.jpg
    edited February 2010
    hhenne wrote: »
    check your inventory

It was there - thanks
    edited February 2010
    All I can say is, WOW (the interjection wow, not the "other" MMORPG), can this launch get any worse? Already re-rolled so I could start from scratch with the Borg BO (AND to claim the BO mission rewards that ANOTHER BUG caused us to lose!), and now I discover that I passed up other cool pre-order bonuses (like the TOS uniforms, Constitution Class ship) in order to get what was advertised as a pretty decent bonus; but turned out to be actually WORSE than a regular Bridge Officer! ARRGGHHH! The body blows just keep on coming. Guess I'll stay out of the game for a few days to see if this gets fixed, cause I'll be darned if I'm going to level ANOTHER character up to Lieutenant Rank 8 (yes, I was THAT close to LtCdr!) just to have to re-roll AGAIN to take advantage of another fix to something that should have been working from the get-go.

Just amazing (and not in a good way).
    edited February 2010
    Nethertar wrote:
    I got most of my pre-order stuff exept for ground weapon and borg officer

ha i forgot about the rifle, I did not recieve that either. poo doo
    edited February 2010

Ill be really upset if my Borg BO does not get any unique skills,other wise I would have ordered from another vendor.