test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing console on Gamestop ship

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited February 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
The GameStop Connie comes with a 2nd Eng console. I have the ship, and on the ship status display, there is a spot for 2 Eng consoles, 1 Tact, 1 Sci. I equipped the 2nd Eng console, and purchased the requisite Eng officer.

The problem is that on the assignment screen, there is no drop down for the extra console. I cannot equip the 2nd Eng Officer. In space mode, there is no additional console.

Functionally, the ship is Identical to a miranda lt cruiser, the only difference is the appearance. While the appearance is cool and all, it would be nice if the rest of the ship worked as intended.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Consoles do not add extra officer slots.

You still only get one of each bridge officer, as you get no extra bridge officer slots, you just get the benefit of an extra console.
    edited February 2010
    The GameStop Connie comes with a 2nd Eng console. I have the ship, and on the ship status display, there is a spot for 2 Eng consoles, 1 Tact, 1 Sci. I equipped the 2nd Eng console, and purchased the requisite Eng officer.

The problem is that on the assignment screen, there is no drop down for the extra console. I cannot equip the 2nd Eng Officer. In space mode, there is no additional console.

Functionally, the ship is Identical to a miranda lt cruiser, the only difference is the appearance. While the appearance is cool and all, it would be nice if the rest of the ship worked as intended.

In addition, the phasers are advertised as original series Blue but are, in fact, red.
    edited February 2010
    In addition, the phasers are advertised as original series Blue but are, in fact, red.

Yep they are red here and it does indicate that they would be blue. Thats one more to add to the bug list.
    edited February 2010
    to color the weapons on your connie blue use
    /powerhue 0 200

Ta Da!
    edited February 2010
    The "phaser bank" weapons that come standard on the Constitution (before any equipment is changed on the default fit) DO fire in a blue color (in two smaller, dual beams). As soon as you equip a different phaser weapon, they go back to the orange color that is standard of the newer phaser arrays.
    edited February 2010
    Ooh that's quite cool that it actually does the two thin beams like the original series... but a shame that you lose that as soon as you get your first phaser bank upgrade.
    edited February 2010
    My connie phasers are blue, so that's not a consistant problem. They are also slightly more powerful than the standard phasers by, like, 1 or two damage points.