test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Upgrading and leveling up

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2010 in The Academy
Hi
Need a bit of help or at least some guidance.
I have a bunch of points to spend on character development. (Engineering character) But i'm not sure where I should be spending my points.
Any advice please ?
Are there any character build guides ?
Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Most people pour their points into the space skills first as that's where you'll be spending most of your time. Check out each skill and see which special attacks they improve. If High Yield Torpedo is your favorite special, you may want to increase your Projectile Weapons skill. As you complete missions you'll rank those skills up to 9 pretty fast. I'm Lieutenant 7 and have already maxed out Projectiles and Phasers and Starship Operations.

Just pick the skills that are most relevant to the way you play and improve those first.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I started with energy weapons, projectile, starship operations and it's so easy in space early on :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hi
    Need a bit of help or at least some guidance.
    I have a bunch of points to spend on character development. (Engineering character) But i'm not sure where I should be spending my points.
    Any advice please ?
    Are there any character build guides ?
    Thanks

The Character Basics guide linked to in my sig, below, should help you understand how skills work and what they are used for.

Hope it helps.