test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Klingons: Boycott ground PvP

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited February 2010 in PvP Gameplay
I am boycotting ground PvP until they fix it.

What's wrong with it, you ask?
HELD!
HELD!
HELD!
HELD!
HELD!
HELD!
HELD!
HELD!
HELD!
HELD!
HELD!
HELD!
HELD!
HELD!
HELD!
HELD!
HELD!
HELD!
HELD!
HELD!
HELD!
HELD!
HELD!
HELD!
HELD!
HELD!
HELD!
HELD!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    OpenSorce wrote: »

HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!

Really, why don't you tell your comrades that spamming the melee attack does not = skill...
    edited February 2010
    ahahahahahaha lol
    edited February 2010
    You do realize that both sides have access to Science Officers? Is it frustrating to get chain held and die without being able to fight back? Hell yeah it is. Is it frusting to almost have someone dead only to have them expose and exploit kill you? Hell yeah it is. Thats the system though, sadly. I'm sure you've done it right back to the opposing team plenty of times.
    edited February 2010
    LMFAO wait wut? You think your side doesnt do that? XD We dont have anything you cant do, i get the SAME TRIBBLE, and im starfleet.
    edited February 2010
    Yup. Both sides do it. It doesn't belong in the lore of Star Trek or in PvP of ANY game. Ask any PvP'er they'll tell you that when a game implements CC is when the PvP goes bad.
    edited February 2010
    See my thread on what I think is a bug, too:
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=99376

Regular holds have not really been bothering me.

What bothers me is this....bug? Stupid feature?

Whenever you get exposed from any source, there is a high chance you'll be held for 10 seconds. Annoys the hell out of me, too. Expose is a death sentence most of the time, regardless. No need to actually hold us too.
    edited February 2010
    Yup. Both sides do it. It doesn't belong in the lore of Star Trek or in PvP of ANY game. Ask any PvP'er they'll tell you that when a game implements CC is when the PvP goes bad.

And yet there are many games that base entire classes on CC. Everquest for example, or if you want a more recent example how about the "Loremaster" in LOTRO?

CC is only as bad as those who can't deal with it.

Granted Both sides need fair access to that CC. IT's what allows strategies and higher meta-gameplay to be devoloped. Anyone can mash "1" and "2" over and over again, DPSing isn't hard. You can train a monkey to mash two buttons at specific times, that means with enough training you could get a monkey to play ground PvP, he would expose someone, then switch weapons and exploit attack them.

Are you a monkey? Didn't think so.

If you want fairness, how about the fact that despite everything in the game, it feels like starfleet has a much larger chance to get exposes on klingons, while the opposite is not true. In one ground pvp match that unfortunately wasn't very full (it was 3 of us versus 7 feds..Lovely queue system right?) I saw 2 exposes the entire match. But me and my team-mates got vaporized more times then I wish to recount.

And yes, we all had expose weapons, I even checked halfway through.

Anyways back to the topic. CC.

They already have diminishing returns in place for holds, roots, and stuns. I think it just needs to be adapted a little better, and tweaked a bit on durations.
    edited February 2010
    Both sides do this, granted feds seem to have MUCH better luck at getting a stun.

Tried to ignore it, and got fed up. Now im rocking the split beam and stun pistol. Its sad, but necessary until something is done.
    edited February 2010
    Sykomyke wrote: »
    And yet there are many games that base entire classes on CC. Everquest for example, or if you want a more recent example how about the "Loremaster" in LOTRO?

You did NOT just cite EQ and LOTRO as examples of PvP games, did you? *shakes head*
    edited February 2010
    "Set Phasers to Stun"
    edited February 2010
    Ceilican wrote: »
    "Set Phasers to Stun"

Set Phasers to canceled subscriptions.
    edited February 2010
    QQ no wait .. QQ

:D
    edited February 2010
    Ceilican wrote: »
    "Set Phasers to Stun"

Yes, the "Stun" setting on phasers knocked people down. Can you give me ONE example, ANY instance in any ST show or movie where a phaser held a person in place for 8 seconds?

Of course not. This does not follow the lore and it breaks PvP in any game where it exists.
    edited February 2010

HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!
    HELD!

I agree. Here is not a guy who says: "oh you bad fed guys" or so he just mentions out that there are too many held skills and knock back skills in ground pvp and in my opinion this is true.
    edited February 2010
    How are you getting held so much? Is it by sci officer skills, regular ranged exposes, or melee attacks? I am asking because I still believe there is either a combo of skills that is not working together as intended or an exploit around.
    edited February 2010
    Lt.Renak wrote: »
    I agree. Here is not a guy who says: "oh you bad fed guys" or so he just mentions out that there are too many held skills and knock back skills in ground pvp and in my opinion this is true.

It's not that that are so many hold skills, but the fact that all classes have access to them. I do and have done to me melee spam fests where whoever gets the expose gets the hold that wins. I've been melee spammed by tac/engi/sci officers. When you have multiple people with access to a skill working together, you are going to get held. ALOT
    edited February 2010
    Zorac wrote:
    It's not that that are so many hold skills, but the fact that all classes have access to them. I do and have done to me melee spam fests where whoever gets the expose gets the hold that wins. I've been melee spammed by tac/engi/sci officers. When you have multiple people with access to a skill working together, you are going to get held. ALOT

Right. Which is why this "hold" TRIBBLE which is completely against canon needs to be removed.
    edited February 2010
    Klingons who think ground is fed sided please click the following links:

http://i47.tinypic.com/2hrl6ol.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/rgz6g0.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/2woad8n.jpg

I could post more and more. It's all about tactics and teamwork. Group up and stop whining.
    edited February 2010
    KiraWolf wrote: »
    Klingons who think ground is fed sided please click the following links:

http://i47.tinypic.com/2hrl6ol.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/rgz6g0.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/2woad8n.jpg

I could post more and more. It's all about tactics and teamwork. Group up and stop whining.

I agree, in T1 at least, the Klingons seem to win more matches than they lose. Played for a few hours today and hardly lost a match.
    edited February 2010
    Thrishmal wrote: »
    I agree, in T1 at least, the Klingons seem to win more matches than they lose. Played for a few hours today and hardly lost a match.

T2 screenshots :)
    edited February 2010
    There are counters to roots and stuns. Please don't dumb down ground pvp for whiners.