test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Borg BOFF Discharged

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
After I claimed my Borg BOFF and completed the customization I mistakenly discharged the Borg BOFF. When I went back to the C-Store to recreate the Borg Officer the item was greyed out with a message that this item can only be claimed once per character.

It's my understanding that discharging the special reward BOFF should re-flag it in the C-Store not remoe it permanently from that character.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Didn't you know you're suppose to re-purchase them with c-store credits? Just wait till the greed train is in full motion and they are charging us for new sectors that contain "must-have" pvp content items in order to compete.
    edited February 2010
    I did notice that a playable Ferengi and Federation Klingon were available for "purchase". I'm a bit concerned that you're exactly right. It's one thing if they want to do something like Guild Wars (buy the software and it's free to play but you have to purchase the expansions and "must have" content/items).

However, it's the first day of retail release so who knows where it will go from here.
    edited February 2010
    Well in your case where you think it's a bug you can't reclaim one... it's quite intentional. See, Cryptic has bind on equip items in the game but doesn't really have any Unique items you can only have 1 of. Following me here?..... If anyone could claim as many Borg BOs as they wanted, they would have entire ships of borg each with a +5 to all power levels buff. It's simply too over powered to allow players to stack that buff so they limit it to 1 per character. You just happen to have a bit of rotten luck.
    edited February 2010
    I understand the need to prevent a player from claiming multiple rewards for the same character. In the case of the Borg BOFF it seems to me that it shouldn't be a problem. If you've claimed the reward and have the BOFF in play then the option is unavailable to claim again for that character. However, should the BOFF be removed from play - as it is in my case because I discharged it - then the item should reset and allow for a redeployment.

Also, it's not as though the Borg BOFF is deleted from my account. If I create another character I can claim it again and add it to my crew. I just don't want to go through the hassle of leveling another character for something that should be easily corrected by Cryptic.
    edited February 2010
    Rennik wrote: »

Also, it's not as though the Borg BOFF is deleted from my account. If I create another character I can claim it again and add it to my crew. I just don't want to go through the hassle of leveling another character for something that should be easily corrected by Cryptic.

I entirely agree.