test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Key Already In Use. WT(string of Explitives)

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited February 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
So I was trying to enter my key earlier (many of you are aware of the fiasco that turned into.)
I gave up, came back a few minutes ago. "oooh looks like its working now.."
I plug my steam provided deluxe edition key in...

[This product key is already active, it cannot be used again.]

The hell it is. I double checked my account info to be sure. It wasn't there...
I tried to put in a customer support ticket. Right good luck with that. ..
I really can't remember what MMO it was (might have been Darkfall) that had trouble letting people sign up and give them money, but this really takes the cake.

I'm giving Cryptic 24 hours to at least respond and attempt to resolve this issue before I wash my hands of the who damned mess. I've put up with all kinds of bull through Beta and Headstart, including the expected server crashes which didn't bother me that much, but the total and complete lack of any patch notes- even vague "we did some stuff to help with other stuff" since the 23rd, Lack of warning on maintenance cycles. (Half the time we got a 5 minute warning, the other half, cryptic apparently was attempting to warn us telepathically?)
Login queues of over 1000 players (an improvement over "server is full, go away" messages I guess)
The subscription services not working on the day of the official retail launch...and apparently eating the product keys without giving product? Seriously.

Fix it, Start Fixing it, or give me a full refund for my product that does not work.

[PS. Don't bother flaming me, you're wasting your time.]
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    instead of throwing around abusive comments and demands, try contacting billing either by phone, ticket or email.

By being abusive on the forums, you're more likely to get banned than to have anyone help you.
    edited February 2010
    agree....(this part is added cuz my reply was too short)
    edited February 2010
    [abusive and derogatory comments directed at first tedgp123]

You try contacting billing support or anything yet yourself? Good freaking luck. I don't think I should suffer through a 4 hour hold time because they can't deliver a product.

Try contacting via ticket? Hey. guess what! I tried that. IT'S BROKEN TOO!
    edited February 2010
    How do I get in touch by phone? I am having a problem too and I would like to talk to someone.
    edited February 2010
    How do I get in touch by phone? I am having a problem too and I would like to talk to someone.

(USA)
    +1-408-404-1714
    (UK)
    0870 490 0617
    edited February 2010
    rakutenshi wrote: »
    [abusive and derogatory comments directed at first tedgp123]

You try contacting billing support or anything yet yourself? Good freaking luck. I don't think I should suffer through a 4 hour hold time because they can't deliver a product.

Try contacting via ticket? Hey. guess what! I tried that. IT'S BROKEN TOO!

What makes you think you deserve preferential treatment over everyone else. Cryptic have already said their system is heavily overloaded atm, and theyre working on it. Do you expect them to click their fingers and it's magically working at 100%?
    edited February 2010
    Maintenance is to be expected. Why didnt you just play something else while it was down..
    edited February 2010
    You fanboys who have product keys that work already need to get the hell out of my whine-and-moan-and-cheese thread.
    edited February 2010
    rakutenshi wrote: »
    You fanboys who have product keys that work already need to get the hell out of my whine-and-moan-and-cheese thread.

Before you post anymore abusive, ask yourself if the perma ban was worth it. These aren't the WoW or EvE forums. Cryptic take a very dim view on abusive posting and trolling.
    edited February 2010
    What are they going to ban?
    That's the PROBLEM.
    Holy christ on a cracker what part of that don't you understand?!
    edited February 2010
    Issues with product keys or missing bonus items or billing issues can only be adressed by our support. Please stay in touch with the support.

http://www.startrekonline.com/support/billing

Thank you,

Dionaea
This discussion has been closed.