test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This is so CR

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
ets start with the sfx & voice.
when i logged in and was greeted by an npc the voice faded between just about audiable to totally inaudible,in part due to not wanting to have the sound of the "red alert" blasting my eardrums at 124dbl.
2nd impressions were;hmm the graphics look a bit old (5 years past sell by date) but never mind hopefully the gameplay will be good???

after 30 miniutes and at end of performing a beam over rescue in a ship that has about much grace of movement as a 8 byte zx81 block move (besides the point il make) The so Called GAME is nothing more then "FOLLOW THE SCRIPT" duh! You do know what a game is;yes? hello i see the lights are on your starship but no-ones on board.

There is no free movement as in you decide what to do or where to go,ect;you may as well but a bot(macro) behine the controlls & then whats the point,i not even got a cd for this game that i could melt for raw meterials or heat in an emergency;so $60 down the drain.

Ill Spell it out!

THIS SO CALLED GAME IS TOTALLY TRIBBLE!:mad:
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Dr_Uri wrote: »
    when i logged in and was greeted by an npc the voice faded between just about audiable to totally inaudible,in part due to not wanting to have the sound of the "red alert" blasting my eardrums at 124dbl.
    2nd impressions were;hmm the graphics look a bit old (5 years past sell by date) but never mind hopefully the gameplay will be good???

after 30 miniutes and at end of performing a beam over rescue in a ship that has about much grace of movement as a 8 byte zx81 block move (besides the point il make) The so Called GAME is nothing more then "FOLLOW THE SCRIPT" duh! You do know what a game is;yes? hello i see the lights are on your starship but no-ones on board.

There is no free movement as in you decide what to do or where to go,ect;you may as well but a bot(macro) behine the controlls & then whats the point,i not even got a cd for this game that i could melt for raw meterials or heat in an emergency;so $60 down the drain.

Ill Spell it out!

You are probably all of what lvl 1?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Are we playing the same game?

What you described sounds nothing like what i've been playing for the past 3 days.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    well the sound problem seems like something wrong with your system not the game, and its to bad u dont like the tutural, it'll be a shame to loose u in spacedock asking where sulu is.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Let me get this straight, your mad because the tutorial led you along a scripted path? You do know what the point of a tutorial is don't you? If yes then why are you surprised?
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Ill Spell it out!

sound like's some is stuck in the tutorial?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    lol...

So let me get this straight...
    - You screwed with the volume settings but it's somehow the game's fault.
    - The graphics quality is actually quite nice with decent settings. So you computer must suck. But it's the game's fault.
    - You played the tutorial. Of course it's scripted. That's the point. But obviously you missing it is the game's fault.

The only possible complaint you have of any real value would be laggy movement. It's a starting area that literally every new character goes through, and the game is in the process of releasing. I think it goes without saying that area will be laggy for a while.

Other than that..... I couldn't decide if this "complaint" was serious or a joke....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Rikaelus wrote: »
    lol...

- The graphics quality is actually quite nice with decent settings. So you computer must suck. But it's the game's fault.
    - You played the tutorial. Of course it's scripted. That's the point. But obviously you missing it is the game's fault.

The only possible complaint you have of any real value would be laggy movement. It's a starting area that literally every new character goes through, and the game is in the process of releasing. I think it goes without saying that area will be laggy for a while.

Other than that..... I couldn't decide if this "complaint" was serious or a joke....

If its a joke, its a damn bad one... Spock could do better with a joke...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hell I felt Tutorial was not scripted enough. It was kinda blah if ask me. Not much teaching in so called Tutorial. IMO was not realy a creative beging to the game. What I would of done is started the Tutorial out in StarFleet Academy and work it's way from there. Taking you around the SanFran Bay area looking at sites from the Star Trek movie. Then move off into space combat. They rushed in the Borg to quick into this game. Made Borg seem really weak like a lvl1 rat in a fantasy MMO:)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Operator error rears it's ugly head once more...

You can go to the audio tab and adjust various sound effects and voice volume. That would have solved your first problem.

You're in the tutorial, in the middle of a battle. What, did you expect to do what you wanted? In a tutorial? First time playing a game?

I'm detecting a whiff of troll odor here. Anyways, don't like the game? Stop playing it. Only an idiot keeps doing something they don't like. Of course, only an impatient idiot gives a game 20 minutes to woo them.

You don't like the game? Oh well. YOUR likes do not determine the worth of a single thing in the universe EXCEPT it's worth towards you. So, yes. The game is TRIBBLE for YOU. However, it is not TRIBBLE to others. To assume that YOUR opinion is so great it should be the baseline that all other opinions adhere to is not only hubris of the nth degree, it is so laughably pathetic to make any attempt of an insult by me towards you completely superfluous. You, sir, have pwned yourself.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Why do I get the feeling we're going to get a LOT more of these over the next week...? /sigh
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Rikalis

1st i did not TRIBBLE with my sound settings,everything works perfectly except this.
    2nd i have a amd64 dual core with a 512mb fast graphics card 4gr ram a asus msn2sli delux mb and 700gb hard drive so my computer dont suck.

3rd "i c thats the tutorial;doh!!! well why did in not introduce its self as the tutorial??? ok a question: how do i get out of the gdam stiupid tutorial???"
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Rikalis

1st i did not TRIBBLE with my sound settings,everything works perfectly except this.
    2nd i have a amd64 dual core with a 512mb fast graphics card 4gr ram a asus msn2sli delux mb and 700gb hard drive so my computer dont suck.

3rd "i c thats the tutorial;doh!!! well why did in not introduce its self as the tutorial??? ok a question: how do i get out of the gdam stiupid tutorial???"

You follow the script. It's scripted. Not sure if you noticed that, but it's scripted to help you understand the game. So, follow the script.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Ill Spell it out!

Could you please at least finish the tutorial first? so that you can tell us more clearly what you like or dislike about the game?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sulu is in the Admirals office.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

so you say you have a graphic card with 512 ram that's fast. well what card is it? I had a Radeon X1550 for 512, and it was a fast card. back in the day. sure it could play this game, but it would look like TRIBBLE. so what card do you have?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ive allready asked "HOW DO I EXIT THE TUTORIAL"

and if cryptic/atari dont want everyone to get bad impression of this game and then pass those impressions on to others trhen they need to learn about moviemaking.

an oppening sequence in imperative to get right;yes in this case it is a game;they should have made it clear that this was the tutorial or give the player the option of skipping it;not start the intro then dump player in the tutorial with out saying "this is tutorial" imho that manifests lot of flaws in the production arm of cryptic.

Anyway before i can really arrive at a conclusion as to this games crappiness or coolness i need to play it.so for the last GDAM ...... time how do i exit the tutorial,please?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ati diamonds x1650pro

I could sli 2 cards on my mb but p.c. world only sell the TRIBBLE ohnes thatr although are 1 gb would be no difference to what i currently have
  • Options
    edited February 2010

and if cryptic/atari dont want everyone to get bad impression of this game and then pass those impressions on to others trhen they need to learn about moviemaking.

an oppening sequence in imperative to get right;yes in this case it is a game;they should have made it clear that this was the tutorial or give the player the option of skipping it;not start the intro then dump player in the tutorial with out saying "this is tutorial" imho that manifests lot of flaws in the production arm of cryptic.

Anyway before i can really arrive at a conclusion as to this games crappiness or coolness i need to play it.so for the last GDAM ...... time how do i exit the tutorial,please?

I only really under stand the HOW DO I EXIT THE TUTORIAL part. the rest was rambling.

now how to exit the tutorial? YOU FINISH IT. there is no easy button. read what they are telling you, and you will finish it.

also what's you're vid card, and sound card?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    To exit the tutorial? Finish the tutorial.

How can you possibly claim to know how TRIBBLE the game is if you haven't even got as far as the first mission? You don't even begin to experience the game's nuances until you reach level 16.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ati diamonds x1650pro

I could sli 2 cards on my mb but p.c. world only sell the TRIBBLE ohnes thatr although are 1 gb would be no difference to what i currently have

there is you're problem.

The minimum system requirements are:

* OS: Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista / Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit)
    * CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 Ghz or AMD Athlon X2 3800+
    * Memory: 1GB RAM
    * Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7950 / ATI Radeon X1800 / Intel HD Graphics
    * Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Soundcard
    * DirectX: Version 9.0c or Higher
    * HDD: 10GB Free Disk Space
    * Network: Internet Broadband Connection Required
    * Disc: 6X DVD-ROM

The recommended system specifications are:

* OS: Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista / Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit)
    * CPU: Intel E8400 Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X2 5600+
    * Memory: 2GB RAM+
    * Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 / ATI Radeon HD 3850+
    * Sound: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Soundcard
    * DirectX: Version 9.0c or Higher
    * HDD: 10GB Free Disk Space
    * Network: Internet Broadband Connection Required
    * Disc: 6X DVD-ROM

you need something more powerful. more powerful then the X18. what is you're price range?

ALSO I FORGOT THIS AGP OR PCI _E
  • Options
    edited February 2010

... tutorials are pretty much the norm when you start a new game ... even in Single Player Games ... to exit said tutorial and get to the real meat and potatoes of the game you need to follow what Zach Quinto (the EMH) is telling you to do. I'm not sure where you are stuck but you can hit the "J" key to look at your quest log and that might help you along. Good luck and when you are done there Sulu is in the Admiral's Office.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ati diamonds x1650pro

You have some fundamental misunderstandings about graphics cards. Specifically, you seem to think that more memory makes a card faster or that all cards with the same amount of graphics memory are somehow comparable. In fact, more memory just makes a card capable of displaying more complex graphics but at a lower frame rate. (Assuming the bit width of the memory is the same.)

Also, a 512MB card may happen to be really, really slow and a 256MB card might be incredibly fast. It just doesn't tend to work that way among cards of the same generation because it's hard to sell mismatch products. (Honda doesn't make a minivan with a spoiler, but it's not because spoilers are expensive and can somehow only go on fast cars.)

Often manufacturers will try to distinguish themselves by putting lots of memory on a slow card. The net result is that their card looks better than the competitors. But in fact the memory is useless because making the card use that much memory would drop the frame rate in the toilet. (More memory just takes longer to access and process.)

In any event, your graphics card is a toy. Also, it's an ATI-based card, which doesn't do SLI. In any event, SLIing two crappy cards will just give you one big, crappy card. SLI and Crossfire only really make sense for very high-end cards where you the price/performance ratio drops off steeply. When you're that far below the bend in the P/P curve, SLI/Crossfire makes no sense.

And, SLI doesn't make your memory add up, except in marketing terms. If you SLI two 512MB video cards, although you will have 1GB of memory, it will be functionally the same as 512MB. (Because each video card will need its own copy of almost everything.)

In sum, get a graphics card that meets the minimum specifications, or ideally meets the recommended system specifications. The game will perform much better.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Caution: Objects in the mirror can often appear less stupid than they actually are.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    OMG - is this guy for real?

Stuck in the Tutorial on a sub-spec PC and raging about it in the forums? Does he not have shame in his country?

I give this a 10.5 on the fail-o-meter.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    OMG, please tell me its a joke.

That tutorial IMO was overly hand holding....if people are having problems getting out of tutorial...how the hell are they gonna know where to fly to without knowing how ot read a star map??
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Ill Spell it out!

Error 99: change user

thats all i can say....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    darkAthena wrote: »
    OMG, please tell me its a joke.

That tutorial IMO was overly hand holding....if people are having problems getting out of tutorial...how the hell are they gonna know where to fly to without knowing how ot read a star map??

sadly I don't think it is a joke.

also ( in my opinion ) Ezri is hotter. :eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Gotta love someone that has a crappy computer complaining that the game runs bad.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Ill Spell it out!

Could you spell it out in better English, please!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    JoelKatz wrote: »
    You have some fundamental misunderstandings about graphics cards. Specifically, you seem to think that more memory makes a card faster or that all cards with the same amount of graphics memory are somehow comparable. In fact, more memory just makes a card capable of displaying more complex graphics but at a lower frame rate. (Assuming the bit width of the memory is the same.)

Also, a 512MB card may happen to be really, really slow and a 256MB card might be incredibly fast. It just doesn't tend to work that way among cards of the same generation because it's hard to sell mismatch products. (Honda doesn't make a minivan with a spoiler, but it's not because spoilers are expensive and can somehow only go on fast cars.)

Often manufacturers will try to distinguish themselves by putting lots of memory on a slow card. The net result is that their card looks better than the competitors. But in fact the memory is useless because making the card use that much memory would drop the frame rate in the toilet. (More memory just takes longer to access and process.)

In any event, your graphics card is a toy. Also, it's an ATI-based card, which doesn't do SLI. In any event, SLIing two crappy cards will just give you one big, crappy card. SLI and Crossfire only really make sense for very high-end cards where you the price/performance ratio drops off steeply. When you're that far below the bend in the P/P curve, SLI/Crossfire makes no sense.

And, SLI doesn't make your memory add up, except in marketing terms. If you SLI two 512MB video cards, although you will have 1GB of memory, it will be functionally the same as 512MB. (Because each video card will need its own copy of almost everything.)

In sum, get a graphics card that meets the minimum specifications, or ideally meets the recommended system specifications. The game will perform much better.

Seriously, would you please send me a message and tell me what card I should get next. I truly have no clue and I do not want to buy something junky. I currently have an Nvidia GTS 8800 640, I used to have two running in SLI, but one blew out. I would like to upgrade. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
This discussion has been closed.