test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Briar Patch

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
No, this is not the typical thread you'd expect to hear about this mission based on all the beta whining.

It's incredibly easy now. I'm not advocating a change in either direction for it, but more wondering why it was necessary to scale the difficulty back so much. Clouds blowing up do less than 2k hull damage now.. Clouds have massive hp if you choose to target them directly, suggesting that only the stupidest players are going to still try and carve through them instead of avoiding them outright.

And yet Regulus block chat still has people complaining about "2 hours of my life being wasted." Really? Are people still having trouble with this? I personally think it's a damn shame that one of the few missions which required some actual thought got easy mode patched in on it. But people still complain. Maybe this will be a lesson to the devs that they're not going to placate everyone no matter how easy they make the game.

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I agree, I actually liked the old difficult version better.

I would suggest either:

1) Clouds do a lot more damage (like Beta), but they have high health pool (like now).

OR

2) Clouds do only a little damage (like now), but they have a very low health pool (like Beta).