test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ability Question

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2010 in The Academy
I was making my live character last night and since i'm going a diff career path then on beta I was picking different BO's I came accross an ability for the science slot I think was called "targeting sensor jam 1" or something to that effect anyway it affects them with placate for 9.2 sec for me. what does placate do though? i don't know how to use it since I don't know the effects of it. I'm assumin its an accuracy thing, thought it was a disable but since i used it and the big ship i was targeting still fired i guess i was wrong there. Any help would be appreciative.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I have Bo as well who had Sensor Jam. I ise whenever I can (unless the target is about to go boom). I think the hit change decreases a bit, by how much is still a mistery.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    it jams your targets sensor, so to them you are invisible. Any of their current attacks will finish and then they will stop attacking until the affect wears off.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It affects the ship that you are targetting and it means that that ship cannot target you for the duration (11 seconds if the BOFF skill is ranked to 9).
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    thanks a buhch for the quick responses, that makes sense as to what I saw last night granted it was 2am when i really started asking wth does this do? So it disables weapons for 9.2 atm . Another question how far up as an engineer are people leveling the tac eng and sci team leader abilities, i had 2 of them maxed and 1 over half way and found it very useful but i wasn't sure about doin that this time around. any suggestions?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ajwetton wrote: »
    thanks a buhch for the quick responses, that makes sense as to what I saw last night granted it was 2am when i really started asking wth does this do? So it disables weapons for 9.2 atm . Another question how far up as an engineer are people leveling the tac eng and sci team leader abilities, i had 2 of them maxed and 1 over half way and found it very useful but i wasn't sure about doin that this time around. any suggestions?

Personally i've not put any points in them as i'm concentrating mainly on space. I might stick some points in later as fillers.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Thx for the advice yea i forgot that they're ground only, I also haven't put in any points in BO's yet cause i'm not sure if these are the ones i wanna keep, but i seem to think that jam ability is really nice. Could be better but i like it better than the shield restore so far.