test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

delay entering my retail code = lose pre order bonuses?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in The Academy
i did post this in the startrek open discusion thread but realised thats the wrong place ...ooops

ok i payed £44 for my preorder from d2d and have payed for it, but how the game is now i dont like it much but i can picture it being better when they make it a little less like a single player game. now if i dont pust in my retail code till 6 months or so (should be a better game by then) will i lose my pre order bonuses?

i spose worse case scenario i could input it make use of the first month trying to like the game as it is and then cancel the sub till its worth the monthly fee (i dont pay £9 a month to play single player games even if they have multiplayer modes)

so would i lose my pre order bonuses if i didnt input my code for 6 months?

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    No. you will get your stuff once you use your retail key.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    the bonus are tied to the retail version of the game and nothing else.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I pre-ordered from Atari, as far as I can tell my re-order code was installed in the Open Beta, and I have no option to install it now, how do I get my pre-order stuff?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Solyne wrote: »
    I pre-ordered from Atari, as far as I can tell my re-order code was installed in the Open Beta, and I have no option to install it now, how do I get my pre-order stuff?

Pre-order stuff won't be available until Feb. 2.

:)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Most pre-order bonuses are not available till retail release which is Feb 2.

As for waiting to enter your code -- the pre-order bonuses are tied to the retail purchase and therefore it should not matter when you enter the code.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ok ppl since its been posted a BILLION times you DO NOT GET YOUR PRE ORDER STUFF TILL THE 2ND cryptic made it that way, You can beg your retailer for the game key but they can't give it an if they do it won't work because cryptic won't release the coding on the bonus items till then. There was early confusion on this because their phone support ppl in billing were telling ppl to get the codes from their retailers so they could have this stuff but it was nothing more than **** poor communications in their own departments.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Nitee wrote:
    ok ppl since its been posted a BILLION times you DO NOT GET YOUR PRE ORDER STUFF TILL THE 2ND cryptic made it that way, You can beg your retailer for the game key but they can't give it an if they do it won't work because cryptic won't release the coding on the bonus items till then. There was early confusion on this because their phone support ppl in billing were telling ppl to get the codes from their retailers so they could have this stuff but it was nothing more than **** poor communications in their own departments.

yep realise that, im more worried that the pre order rewards might have a time limit in which to claim them.