test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rank pips available with promotion?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in The Academy
Is there an option to get your rank pips updated on your uniform after promotion without having to go to the tailor and pay for it to be added on?

I remember in beta something about talking to the guy at the podium in the stateroom after promotion but it didn't give me any options. Just seems kinda lame to have to pay to have your rank pin updated.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    you should get a free uniform change when you go talk to admiral quinn and pick out a new ship.

kind of an annoying workaround, i agree, but changing your rank pips after leveling actually doesn't cost you anything. your bridge officers are another story, however. promote them, and yes you will have to pay to change their pips.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You have to buy the new pips at the tailor ..:mad:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    you now get a free costume change on leveling.

you didn't during beta so there may be some confussion.

you still have to pay to change your bridge officers rank pips though
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Gonna have to call negatory on that "get a free costume on leveling" post.

Not one of the four characters I've taken through the tutorial and leveled to LT2 got to change their rank pips for free.

It's always been 60 credits to change them from Ensign to LT.

I have to agree though that it SHOULD be free. Maybe not every part of your costume but for sure you should be able to change your rank pipps for free everytime you level.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It actually should be automatic, not free. If you have an ensign and you promote him to Lieutenant, his rank should update by itself in the uniform.

Not like I am short in energy, anyway. I haven't paid for a single object so far. I find everything I need in mission.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It's only 120 energy credits, you guys are some cheap *******s.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well, taking no real position on the issue ... I was told when I was promoted to Lt Cmdr that I had a free costume change added.

I haven't tried it to make sure its really there.

Uniform pips should be decided WHERE you're going to wear them, if at all. And from there forward, they should just reflect the rank, we shouldn't be having to go back and get them.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I changed mine when i hit lt. cmd, and it was free :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Daruma wrote: »
    Gonna have to call negatory on that "get a free costume on leveling" post.

Not one of the four characters I've taken through the tutorial and leveled to LT2 got to change their rank pips for free.

Nope, but you do when promoted to Lt. Commander. Report the lack of free costume change as a bug; I did.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I hit Lt. Commander last night and had to pay for my rank change. It was late, though, so I might have missed something :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I agree with the post that pips should auto appear on your uniform and that of your BOs when there is a promotion.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    That would be nice, if your rank automatically updated on your uniform whenever you or any of your bridge officers were promoted.
    I hereby formally suggest this as a new feature, just in case any Cryptic employees are looking.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Shhhhhhhh. They'll make promotions and uniform pips a micro transaction in the C-Store if we aren't careful.... :p