test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Claiming per-order bonus during head start

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in The Academy
Good Morning,
While I'm excited about playing STO early, I was concerned about weather or not I get my pre-order bonus (liberated borg crew-member from Amazon.com) during the headstart. I currently have a "toon" but at no point has there been anything to lead me to belive that i can claim my bonus. Can anyone advise on this issue?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Good Morning,
    While I'm excited about playing STO early, I was concerned about weather or not I get my pre-order bonus (liberated borg crew-member from Amazon.com) during the headstart. I currently have a "toon" but at no point has there been anything to lead me to belive that i can claim my bonus. Can anyone advise on this issue?

You will not be able to claim your pre-order bonuses until you enter your actual full retail code (the one that comes with the game box). The bonus items are tied to the DVD code, and not the beta/headstart access code.

The devs haven't said it, but I suspect this is mostly to prevent people from pre-ordering the game, getting an item code, and then cancelling the pre-order without paying a cent. Most pre-order retailers, like Amazon, only charge your credit card after the box is shipped to you. If you canceled now, you wouldn't pay any money.

Anyway, so you'll be able to claim a Borg officer on each of your existing (and any future) characters once your game code is in, but not before.

Pre-order stuff will show up as 'free' items on the in-game C-store once your code's in. There's a 'special unlock' category or something. To view the C-store, click on the down arrow in your minimap's buttons (minimap is upper right hand corner, that menu arrow is the lowest button). Right now you probably won't see anything there.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Good Morning,

This link provides the answers to many common questions

http://startrekonline.com/preorder-faq

Q: Will I receive my retailer exclusives during the Head Start?

A: No. The exclusives are tied to the retail product, not to the preorder key. In other words, you’ll need to purchase the full version of the game and input that key.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Thank you all, you've been most helpfull.

Pleasent voyages...