test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Security problem with your name

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in The Academy
I was wondering, how come that you ingame is showing your account name?
I seriously see it as a security issue.

I mean, what is the meaning of showing all names as "SomeName@AccountName" ?

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    This topic has been brought up before. Please use the search so we don't have to go over this yet again.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The handle doesn't show the account name but the forum name. I guess the logic behind it is to make it easier to find people hiding behind alts. It's also useful to keep track of your friends too.
    Now if your account name and forum name are the same, maybe you should contact cryptic to change one or the other.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Many thanks for the answer Kute,

Although I tried to search, I didn't find the answer, I guess I'm just not good enough at searching in the forums, or maybe I didn't have a clue what to search for :S
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You're welcome.
    I guess the relevant thread were archived and are no longer available. ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    kute wrote:
    The handle doesn't show the account name but the forum name. I guess the logic behind it is to make it easier to find people hiding behind alts. It's also useful to keep track of your friends too.
    Now if your account name and forum name are the same, maybe you should contact cryptic to change one or the other.

Also it enables you to choose any name you want for your character as all names become unique due to the @name affix.

Me like it..... Should start a fleet where everyone is called Tribble :) (now that was a joke)