test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kudos to Cryptic.....

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in The Academy
I would like to thank Crytpic and give them a huge Kudos!

You may have some issues like there's no pvp! The 'other faction' has to be unlocked and is not fully developed at launch, so you effectively killed pvp! Super loud annoying sound effects when I use a beam weapon or projectile weapon that is on cooldown. Random 'unscheduled maintenances', because they aren't crashes and they're almost always during primetimes. Treating head start as open beta 2. Having only one server cluster shard for a world of trekkie fans. A website that has little info about the game so the players have to develop it for you. Bugs that were in beta and reported that still haven't been fixed. The warzones that you are sent out to from K7 are still broken. A skill cap snuck in and not mentioned on any official STO website until players brought it up and exposed this massive game mechanic change. Skill tree that isn't completely clear to what does and does not stack and doesnt fit with this sudden skill cap. No patch notes so we have no idea what you are or are not changing, if changing anything at all. Collector edition items that we cant use during head start and most will be pointless by Feb 2nd.

But hey the 'give us all your money' buttons work on the website and the launcher!

So kudos for that!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Katiandra wrote:
    But hey the 'give us all your money' buttons work on the website and the launcher!

Actually, it didn't work correctly at first but I think it was the fastest thing I've seen them fix yet in the game. Within minutes it was back online.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You expected a flawless game?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Telaura wrote: »
    You expected a flawless game?

I expected a game. So far all I'm seeing is whack a mole on uptimes. ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Interesting.

I have one character at Lt. Commander 2, and another at Lieutenant 4. Seems my game is working just fine, apart from some expected server crashes.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Theik wrote: »
    I expected a game. So far all I'm seeing is whack a mole on uptimes. ;)

Really, You must be getting at on at the wrong times, Aside from one time today I've been fine since head start opened.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Gatness wrote: »
    Really, You must be getting at on at the wrong times, Aside from one time today I've been fine since head start opened.

really, then you must be lucky or lieing.

Server went down for 4 hours earlier, then it had "preformance issues" that an admin came online and posted a message about, basically people got stuck in loading screens/crashed/etc.. and then got stuck at retreiving characters for about 20 minutes, and now this crash.

It had some very nice stable streaks very early this morning and about 7pm cst to about midnight, but other than that it was a huge freakin mess.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well day 1 of HeadStart was only 1 crash and that was my game disconnected from the server, but not the server itself. Then day 2 was a load of dump but then again think about it. Friday it was ruberband lag but today its just 2 crashes of the server.

Name any MMORPG game that first came out that NEVER needed a patch (Not talking about the cheep-o games that have no support or games that failed right after release that they never had a patch)

WOW had a load of bugs from day one, EVE had its share of bugs as well, Everquest as well...

"The truth is theres no such thing as the best. One ship may be brand new, state of the art, but it also has countless bugs to work out. Another ship may be a hundred years old and shake like a rattle, but the bugs are long gone and, thats why, she's a hundred years old."
    - Captain James T. Kirk

This game is going in the slot of a brand new and need a few months, if not years to polish out every countless bug.