test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Thank you cryptic!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in The Academy
I'd just like to say: THANK YOU CRYPTIC!!

You have finally brought me a reason to play mmo's!

I know you guys have been working really hard to keep everything stabilized and what not.

Thanks again for giving trekker's and trekkie's a place to come together and squabble about who is better: Kirk or Piccard.

YOU ROCK CRYPTIC!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    General_K1 wrote: »
    You have finally brought me a reason to play mmo's!

By giving you an MMO that's offline most the time?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Brigadoom wrote:

You've just been TROLLED!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    haha,... knew it wouldnt be long b4 teh griefers rocked up :P
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well it's an ok game, I have some notes on content additions I'd love to see that I'm sure nobody cares about at cryptic so... yeah, it's an ok game. Not great but more enjoyable than the epic tedium of a certain other scifi mmo I won't flame here.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Brigadoom wrote:

Hey, now... to be fair... the game technically isn't even out yet. And, Star Trek, in my opinion, will be a far larger and more popular MMO than any other before it. There are 40+ years of fans wanting to play this, so be patient. Give them time to get the kinks worked out.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    /Agree with OP

Lovin the game so far, kudos to Cryptic!

~Staark
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The Star Trek universe isn't just set to one time period, or one generation. Star Trek has begun many things in it's name's history. Beginning with the original. The original was something of a forerunner for it's time, it had the first interracial kiss, the first Asian person on television (i think). The original broke so many rules for the TV community. We then move on to the next generation. The show bridged two different eras, uniting family's in a time when family was on the decline. I could go on but my knowledge end's there.

At any rate, Star Trek Online is going to be a forerunner for mmorpgs. My anticipations for the game are hudge, the pre-orders alone a massive let alone when the game actually releases and the wow kids get their hands on it. Who cares about a little bit of down time int he beginning? Yes, it is really frustrating but there is hope! We have the dedicated members of cryptic working to solve the problem as we speak. I can't imagine what affect this game has had on the family's of the cryptic employee's, the countless hours fixing bugs and patching this and patching that, programming this then reprogramming it again.

I agree, it sucks that the servers are down but can we really blame them for wanting to get an hour of sleep? Can we really say that the game is a failure based on the first two days of a pre-release? I don't think so. I believe that the servers will come back up and all will be good. Bugs are to be expected, the only thing they can do is keep their phones on and trust the community to understand their position. That's exactally what I'm doing, looking at it from their perspective. Could they have done things differently? I think not based on the fact that they didn't expect the massive amount of people that pre-ordered after the head start had begun plus all of the people that had already participated int he open and closed beta. So I ask again, can we blame them? I say no, we can't.

Love you for the game cryptic, keep at it, and plan a family vacation in a few months.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    General_K1 wrote: »
    The Star Trek universe isn't just set to one time period, or one generation. Star Trek has begun many things in it's name's history. Beginning with the original. The original was something of a forerunner for it's time, it had the first interracial kiss, the first Asian person on television (i think). The original broke so many rules for the TV community. We then move on to the next generation. The show bridged two different eras, uniting family's in a time when family was on the decline. I could go on but my knowledge end's there.

At any rate, Star Trek Online is going to be a forerunner for mmorpgs. My anticipations for the game are hudge, the pre-orders alone a massive let alone when the game actually releases and the wow kids get their hands on it. Who cares about a little bit of down time int he beginning? Yes, it is really frustrating but there is hope! We have the dedicated members of cryptic working to solve the problem as we speak. I can't imagine what affect this game has had on the family's of the cryptic employee's, the countless hours fixing bugs and patching this and patching that, programming this then reprogramming it again.

I agree, it sucks that the servers are down but can we really blame them for wanting to get an hour of sleep? Can we really say that the game is a failure based on the first two days of a pre-release? I don't think so. I believe that the servers will come back up and all will be good. Bugs are to be expected, the only thing they can do is keep their phones on and trust the community to understand their position. That's exactally what I'm doing, looking at it from their perspective. Could they have done things differently? I think not based on the fact that they didn't expect the massive amount of people that pre-ordered after the head start had begun plus all of the people that had already participated int he open and closed beta. So I ask again, can we blame them? I say no, we can't.

Love you for the game cryptic, keep at it, and plan a family vacation in a few months.

*Stands and Claps*
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    jwarren1 wrote: »
    *Stands and Claps*

Thank you. *bows*
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I totally agree, i mean how could they have known that head-start would be so massive. Programing a server to hold more ip's takes time especially since everything is on one server, and I think that Cryptic will reward us for dealing with these problems by giving us the Star Trek experience that we always wanted. Every new program has its problems and patience is a virtue so we should just chill out and stop complaining and just wait for the awesome adventures that await us :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Thank you for agreeing!