test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Any other virgins

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Ten Forward
No I don't mean that kind of virgin that can be attributed to some star trek fans lol

This is my first MMO so just wondering if there are any other MMO virgins out there on STO
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    STO popped your mmo cherry huh?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It certainly has :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I guess I would be considered a complete **** then hehe. I have eight MMOs currently installed on my PC, though only one is active - STO.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    This thread was a disappointment.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Narakhi if you need a good talk with a bunch of virgins just make the thread.

This is my first MMO mate, looking good and I think it will distract me from getting some work done on a daily basis but thats ok, I work for myself! lol

Only bad thing about these games is the ones who get very carried away with it all and eat in the game, starve in real life. Then start giving you orders because they have a game rank (I was a real soldier among real ranks so I don't take kindly to it) then we tell them to f*#k off and it all goes haywire. Thats how I imagine it in about 2-3 weeks because it was like that on BF2 for PS2, my last online game.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Narakhi if you need a good talk with a bunch of virgins just make the thread.

This is my first MMO mate, looking good and I think it will distract me from getting some work done on a daily basis but thats ok, I work for myself! lol

Only bad thing about these games is the ones who get very carried away with it all and eat in the game, starve in real life. Then start giving you orders because they have a game rank (I was a real soldier among real ranks so I don't take kindly to it) then we tell them to f*#k off and it all goes haywire. Thats how I imagine it in about 2-3 weeks because it was like that on BF2 for PS2, my last online game.

Thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Narakhi wrote:
    This thread was a disappointment.

so was my first time. OOOOOOOOOOOHHHH
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    SpaceFork wrote:
    so was my first time. OOOOOOOOOOOHHHH

LOL. Hollywood does a great job of making you think losing your cherry can be a wonde... errr... what?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    This is prolly my hundred, that is if so mmorpgs many exist. Been playing mmorpgs ever since 1995 and have not stopped ever since. I utterly love the genre, also do not forget that mmorps are like wine, it needs time to start building flavor no matter how you look at it. STO is good, very good for its launch state, this is only the beginning and it will get better with time, much better.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    my first was Ultima Online if you don't count BBS MUDs as mmos. I've been an MMO ***** ever since.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yes I am also inexperienced! ;)

No MMO before this one has really interested me enough to play before. I do play lots of video games though and use the computer quite a bit so I shouldn't be too noobish... Its 'just an RPG, but like bigger' is the attitude I am going in with.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    i've never beta'd:
    Ultima Online 3D
    Eve Online
    STO
    Lich King
    et al
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Anarchy Online was my first :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The first MMO I ever played was Earth and Beyond way back when. I've played a bunch on and off since then but they almost never hold my interest past level 15.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    This is my second mmo, but the first I've liked so ya I guess I could be a virgin :p The first was AoC but I lost intrest pretty quick.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    In your terminology, I've been rode hard and put away wet. I've played pretty much every MMO that ever existed. Only one I haven't played is Final Fantasy, and I probably won't ever. The ones that kept my interest for more than a few weeks were LOTRO, pre-CU SWG, and EQ2. I've also played EVE off and on for over 5 years.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    well not a virgin anymore...sigh lol

First mmo was starwars galaxies and then after world of warcraft. This will be my third mmo, and I may play...depending on things, may play SWTOR.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Lol - yeah, this'll be my first time around the block.

:D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    No girls in real life?
    davethorp wrote: »
    No I don't mean that kind of virgin that can be attributed to some star trek fans lol

This is my first MMO so just wondering if there are any other MMO virgins out there on STO
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    My first MMO was Diablo (1). =/
    Ok, ok, it's not a typical mmo with a persistent world and all that, but it almost counts. I knew about ultima when it came out, but I didn't "get" it.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    This is technically my second mmo. I was briefly addicted to Phantasy star online. Got way too many dudes hitting on mr because my character was female.... Got alot of free equiptment though.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    This will be my second mmo. First being World of warcraft. started that one april of 05 and just recently let my subscription run out a couple weeks ago, have 3 lvl 80s. I think this game will be a very good game though. I love star trek and from what I have seen this should be very very entertaining!!!. I too am wanting to try out star wars old republic mmo coming out early 2011. If I do try tor I do not know if i will stay on with this game or not.