Bridge Officers Not Showing Up

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    same here
    no azure reward BO reporting for me either
    edited January 2010
    ya I'm up to three bo s not being there (sounds like a movie )
    and loot now is not starting to show up from missions as well lost 2 green items now from missions even had open spaces and what not.

Its a gamble if your gonna get your stuff that you work for now . Hate to pick a blue item and have it disappear be really ****ed about that one.

And what needs to be done here is a dev answearing this so that we know there on top of this .
    edited January 2010
    I'm missing two BO's from mission rewards. They never showed up in assignments.
    edited January 2010
    Sir.Bud wrote: »
    I'm missing two BO's from mission rewards. They never showed up in assignments.

Same problem. Something must have happened since it was working in beta.
    edited January 2010
    Still happening. I managed to buy two officers from Starfleet, but since then had a third officer candidate offered and never report for duty in the Assignments tab. This time it was from the level 9 officer reward mission.

I hope they give us Starfleet points for reimbursement, because by the time they fix it, I'll have spent a good number of points replacing and training replacements for the AWOL crew.
    edited January 2010
    I lost the one where it was an uncommon green tac officer after I hit lvl 6. I contacted Starfleet, asked for my officer, and they never reported for duty in the assignments tab. So I went and bought a Bajoran tac officer, who appeared just fine, but wasn't green and thus didn't have the special skills of the green officer. I too added myself to the current ticket, I'm interested to see what their solution is and what they offer, if anything, for compensation.
    edited January 2010
    What seems to be working for me now it to do this:

1. Be in Sector Space when you hail
    2. Don't have any other windows open (ie Inventory, skills or status etc.). All that should be on screen is you HUD

Once I started doing this, I haven't seen any missing quest rewards.
    edited January 2010
    I finally gave up waiting for a GM.. i just spent all my merits at the SB buying to bos and retraining them.
    edited January 2010
    Purchasing bridge officers is working. I have had to fill my crew with them because my reward officers never showed up either. I am at Lt.C .
    edited January 2010
    I have gotten all my BOs by only accepting them while at Earth dock, not while in space. Not sure if it's just a coincidence or a workaround?
    edited January 2010
    Not sure what this bug is you guys are talking about. I have been able to utilize all of my officers that I have gotten. I just go to the assignment tab. Off the right side any officers that I have not comissioned or assigned to my ship show up as available. I right click on em and choose to comission them. They then become available as options in the drop down menu for the officer position of the same type. If this is not working for the rest of you I'm sorry that sucks :confused:
    edited January 2010
    Tepeu wrote:
    there is no such officer in the communications.

i just did the same thing that worked in Open Beta and they are not showing up in assignments.

yes there is the officer shows up when you are ready for your next officer. an i lost an officer that i had got from her. it didnt show up in my inventory or assignment area
    edited January 2010
    Trillenium wrote: »
    Not sure what this bug is you guys are talking about. I have been able to utilize all of my officers that I have gotten. I just go to the assignment tab. Off the right side any officers that I have not comissioned or assigned to my ship show up as available. I right click on em and choose to comission them. They then become available as options in the drop down menu for the officer position of the same type. If this is not working for the rest of you I'm sorry that sucks :confused:

Yah, it's not working because the bugged officers NEVER SHOW UP IN THE ASSIGNMENT TAB! Geez, what is with these people assuming we're noobs who don't know where the officers show up?
    edited January 2010
    I got the same problem, half the bridge officers im supposed to get never show up in the assignments screen. Even if I wait to accept reward in a star base, they officer does not appear.
    edited January 2010
    same thing here. Though, I've only had one BO not show up to be assigned.
    The rest I've just ended up buying. I figure if I do end up getting some BO's to show up, I can use them to train the current ones, or I can swap them out.
    Is there a way for cryptic to know which rewards we've been shortchanged? (wishful thinking...)
    edited January 2010
    I got the one BO from Admiral Quinn for completing a standard mission, and I did finally manage to get one from the BO Chick in SB01, but I lost the LtC3 and LtC6 Bo's to the bug.
    edited January 2010
    n.a.s wrote:
    same thing here. Though, I've only had one BO not show up to be assigned.
    The rest I've just ended up buying. I figure if I do end up getting some BO's to show up, I can use them to train the current ones, or I can swap them out.
    Is there a way for cryptic to know which rewards we've been shortchanged? (wishful thinking...)

The missions show in our logs, so it should be completely possible for reimbursement. Now, whether Cryptic does is another story. My guess is this: They'll reset those missions for those that have no trail of the BO being rewarded. I'm fairly certain it can be detected through game logs.

Wishful thinking, but it should be done.
    edited January 2010
    Not sure if anyone has noticed this. Although, I have not lost a bridge officer, I have failed to receive two mission rewards. I noticed that if my inventory was over 50% full, I would fail to get rewards. If I moved a few items lower in the inventory so that the first few slots were open, I would get the mission rewards.

Has anyone else noticed this?

-Keppoch
    edited January 2010
    Lt 6. No BO rewards have turned up in my assignments tab as of yet.
    Purchased two BO's from sol to fill my missing slots and they DID appear in assignments.
    So i'm down 200 cred's, but i have a full crew compliment at least.
    Can i has mah Officers plz Cryptic!
    edited January 2010
    I come across something of interest....

Appearently when I lost my Bridge Officers, the spot to the left wouldn't tick in when I clicked on the reward I wanted. I tried this to try and fix it: I selected the mission giver that were to give me a reward and if I could not 'select' the item by clicking it directly, I pressed cancel, went back to the conversation menu of the mission giver, then chose the mission that was completed again and pressed reward the reward I did without clicking the circle to the left... If it ticks in, then you'll get the reward you selected. If it doesn't tick in if you click the reward, then cancel again and repeat untill the circle ticks in (aka filling up as white ball in the center) and pressed accept.

For some reason, it is as if at times the screen hasn't loaded fully yet or doesn't register your selection for mission rewards, completing the mission as if you never selected a reward. by doing what I did above you can fix this.

I am not certain if it works 100%, but so far it works for me when it comes to getting Bridge Officers as a reward from the Bridge Officer Requsitions Officer.

--Kyruzix
    edited January 2010
    Kyruzix wrote: »
    I come across something of interest....

Appearently when I lost my Bridge Officers, the spot to the left wouldn't tick in when I clicked on the reward I wanted. I tried this to try and fix it: I selected the mission giver that were to give me a reward and if I could not 'select' the item by clicking it directly, I pressed cancel, went back to the conversation menu of the mission giver, then chose the mission that was completed again and pressed reward the reward I did without clicking the circle to the left... If it ticks in, then you'll get the reward you selected. If it doesn't tick in if you click the reward, then cancel again and repeat untill the circle ticks in (aka filling up as white ball in the center) and pressed accept.

For some reason, it is as if at times the screen hasn't loaded fully yet or doesn't register your selection for mission rewards, completing the mission as if you never selected a reward. by doing what I did above you can fix this.

I am not certain if it works 100%, but so far it works for me when it comes to getting Bridge Officers as a reward from the Bridge Officer Requsitions Officer.

--Kyruzix

cool. will triple check the ticker next time. unfortunately, without patch notes we might not know if that's what fixed the issue or if there was a patch fix =/
    edited January 2010
    New Officer appear in mission logs but never make it to assignments tab. This has happened to me at least 3 times now and while you can purchase new officers at space docks they do cost. I have not submitted a ticket on this issue becuase i am sure they are aware of the problem. I do hope they post something in update notes regarding a fix.
    edited January 2010
    Hey,
    Had the same issue but found out what was up. Although some issue makes it so it does not show on your inventory, rest assured it is yours and waiting to be commissioned. Go into your skills assignment window and you will see three tabs on top. One of them allows you to see the officer(s) you currently have as well as the "stanby" ones ( purchased or acquired ones yet to be commissioned . They should show up on the right hand side of that specific window. Roght click them and select "commission". You will now have your new officer on the bridge. Have fun.
    edited January 2010
    Hey,
    Had the same issue but found out what was up. Although some issue makes it so it does not show on your inventory, rest assured it is yours and waiting to be commissioned. Go into your skills assignment window and you will see three tabs on top. One of them allows you to see the officer(s) you currently have as well as the "stanby" ones ( purchased or acquired ones yet to be commissioned . They should show up on the right hand side of that specific window. Roght click them and select "commission". You will now have your new officer on the bridge. Have fun.

Hey,

LTR.
    edited January 2010
    One of the things I noticed when I started paying really close attention when turning in Episodes for rewards is that the text that comes up with Experience, Merits also displays your award. So if you see the actual text "You have received <item>" then you should actually have it. This text will not be displayed if you lost said item. So if you look, you can see right away whether you received it not rather than rummaging through your inventory or Assignment screen.
    edited January 2010
    Go to your character screen and across the top column click the assignments key. There will be a list of the officers available and you can assign them from there...I had the same problem of the BO's not being in inventory. ; )
    edited January 2010
    Beary666 wrote: »
    Question for you guys who are missing BOs (I'm missing one too) When you hailed Starfleet to claim the quest reward, were you still in the system or had you departed for sector space already?

I didn't really keep track of it in Open Beta, but I think with Stranded in Space,But yesterday I was still in the system when I hailed Starfleet and I didn't get my BO, but after Patrol the Vulcan Sector, I warped to Sector Space first before claiming the quest reward and I got the BO.

So if you are noticing this happening, try to keep track if you've already gone to Sector Space before haiiling Starfleet. I just got these two experiences that I can actually remember. Also it might not just be BO's you miss out on, sometimes you don't get the quest Reward Items too. I had that happen in the OB with some rare shields :(

Important bit here (just try to keep track), as to 'lost BO's', you'll soon get more awarded, and soon have more Merits than you know what to do with. FYI, I'm level 12 now with two BOs and although I could fully staff and promte each one, I'm not doing so yet (don't ask why...... I'm experimenting). But from level 1-8 I used NO BO's and could mange to get though the PvE content fine. Its an annoyance, but not game breaking atm.

BTW as you get higher, then you get rairer green and blus BO's (and there's rumour of purple BO's). So don't worry to much about it at the moment, just get stuck in and you'll basically out level the problem.
    edited January 2010
    Mourdeeb wrote:
    Go to your character screen and across the top column click the assignments key. There will be a list of the officers available and you can assign them from there...I had the same problem of the BO's not being in inventory. ; )

That's true for most of the problems, but not all. Some of the people on this thread have not received the b/o's at all not in their inv and not on the assignment tabs. They've had to get csr assistance to get the bo's.
    edited January 2010
    Mourdeeb wrote:

No, dude, you're missing the point. We all played the BETA and know how the system works and where the BO's are.

In the live version, we accept the reward and they do not show up in the assignmne tab, fulll stop. I've tried getting them remotely (via "message starfleet" and the birdge officer mission) and going to SB1 itself and going to the lady. You accept the reward and the reward does not go into the assignment tab.

I've lost 4 bridge officers this way. I'm using all store bought Boffs atm because of this bug. It never struck me in BETA, only in the the headstart.
    edited January 2010
    Weird....I haven't had any trouble on the quest reward guys being assigned to me on either of my two toons.