test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ticket resolved? Really? They didn't even read it.

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Here's a screenshot of the support ticket that was supposedly "resolved".

http://fnord.kahlan.org/notresolved.jpg

The CO Mirror Universe Uniform is not a preorder item. It's not a retail item. It is in no way linked to any kind of retail thing at all. The Liberated Borg characters fall under the same category as the Mirror Universe Uniform and the Liberated Borgs have already been handed out.

It would be nice if we could get some kind of official word or acknowledgement about what's up with the Mirror Universe uniforms. Really, I can't help but feel that in the excitement of getting this game on the shelves, Cryptic has completely forgotten about prior obligations regarding the game's release.

I'm not QQing, I'm not whining, not threatening legal action. I'm actually perfectly calm. I'm just asking for some kind of official word because I know that the last thing Cryptic wants to do is sell someone something and then not deliver it. That would be bad business and Cryptic has shown on many occasions that it will honor its agreements, even when it hurts them to do so.

So please, will someone with a gold name please respond with more than just a form response? I'm not the only one sitting here feeling like the Champions Online lifetimers are being glossed over in the excitement. I know the assets for the uniforms already exist because I've seen them on NPCs. Just even so much as an explanation as to why they're not yet availible would be nice.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    It's good to see that the automated email spam bots are functioning properly...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The official silence on the issue is deafening.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    deserves bumped until an official response.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Haha. That's hilarious. As for the uniform, I believe it's getting unlocked on Tuesday with the other bonuses.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    There is official word that it will be in the game for Tuesday... however the dev tracker script is so bogged down I can't get at the link for you.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The CO lifetime sub never said that the Mirror Universe costumes would be available during the STO headstart.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The CO lifetime sub never said that the Mirror Universe costumes would be available during the STO headstart.

did you even read the screenshot he posted? total lack of interest by CS reps...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Here's one official response.

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/967

Also, last night a yellow name said that they would be available on Tuesday in one of these many threads.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Neither did the STO Lifetime Sub say that Liberated Borg would be either. I've also never seen anything (and I've looked really hard) saying that it would be availible after head start. So there's two points right there to counter yours...

Official word would be nice.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Windhunter wrote: »
    did you even read the screenshot he posted? total lack of interest by CS reps...

Why should they be interested? It's a resolved issue. It's been stated, by Cryptic, that they will be available on Tuesday.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Raath wrote: »
    Here's one official response.

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/967

Also, last night a yellow name said that they would be available on Tuesday in one of these many threads.

Considering that the Mirror Universe Uniform has never been named in that, I'm skeptical that it applies. I honestly think that Cryptic is completely overlooking the issue with the CO Bonus. I'm not asking for the uniform now, I'm just asking for some kind of non-ambiguous response that very specifically states that yes the Mirror Universe Uniform - by name - is going to come on February 2nd. Considering the response I got from Customer Support, I'm willing to bet that they've all but forgotten about that exclusive item.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I must have gotten hit with this also.. see this thread too.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    That is absolutely hilarious

Whichever fool looked that over and decided to send an automated message that had nothing to do with the issue should be fired immediately. You can't work in customer service if you DONT KNOW HOW TO READ. But honestly i'm not suprised, as low quality as everything else cryptic has done thus far, having illiterate support staff seems to fit perfectly.

I can imagine them holding up a big flash card with the words "Liberated Borg" on it and making them memorize what it looks like, since they obviously can't read, and telling them to push THIS automated message button whenever they see it.

Haha, what a joke.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    LOL.

<Customer.Ticket.Response>

If SearchText.txt = "Liberated Borg"
    then Message.Reply.Txt = StockReplyBorg1.txt
    else Message.Reply.Txt = "Thank you for playing Dark Age of Cam, er Star Trek Online!"
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Considering that the Mirror Universe Uniform has never been named in that, I'm skeptical that it applies. I honestly think that Cryptic is completely overlooking the issue with the CO Bonus. I'm not asking for the uniform now, I'm just asking for some kind of non-ambiguous response that very specifically states that yes the Mirror Universe Uniform - by name - is going to come on February 2nd. Considering the response I got from Customer Support, I'm willing to bet that they've all but forgotten about that exclusive item.

There was a moderator response about it on the forums. Don't ask me to look for it. I can't go sifting for it right now.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Why should they be interested? It's a resolved issue. It's been stated, by Cryptic, that they will be available on Tuesday.

Never have they stated that it would be availible on Tuesday by name. Infact, all I've seen is either "all retail bonuses" or "all preorder bonuses". Considering that people have already claimed other exclusives than the Liberated Borg, such as the Constitution Class Starship (have no idea how they did that, they were Lieutenants, not Lt Commanders) and the Del Taco shuttle pet, there's really no reason to believe that "all other exclusives will become availible on Feb 2nd" applies even to the mirror universe uniform.

All I'm wanting is an official acknowledgement. A statement saying that the CO Lifetimers have not been forgotten. That shouldn't take much effort to do.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

because the OP's question had nothing to do with the Liberated Borg and everything to do with MU uniforms, and all the CS reply mentions was the Borg option. Its a FAIL on the part of customer service to not even READ the problems a CUSTOMER is having.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Never have they stated that it would be availible on Tuesday by name. Infact, all I've seen is either "all retail bonuses" or "all preorder bonuses". Considering that people have already claimed other exclusives than the Liberated Borg, such as the Constitution Class Starship (have no idea how they did that, they were Lieutenants, not Lt Commanders) and the Del Taco shuttle pet, there's really no reason to believe that "all other exclusives will become availible on Feb 2nd" applies even to the mirror universe uniform.

All I'm wanting is an official acknowledgement. A statement saying that the CO Lifetimers have not been forgotten. That shouldn't take much effort to do.

I took the time to find you the post. Here yo go.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yup, obvious case of skimming.

When your drowing in "similar" tickets it can happen.

Oopsies.

Nice catch OP :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I took the time to find you the post. Here yo go.

Thank you. Stormshade's not mentioning it by name and inadvertantly gave out of date information regarding the Liberated Borg, but at least it's in context. I guess it'll have to do. Thank you.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Finally found the dev response on the uniform Dev Response

Sigh... I'm not even sure if that's the right one now. I searched for some keywords... and I am tired of looking.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Darkfire wrote: »
    Finally found the dev response on the uniform Dev Response

Sigh... I'm not even sure if that's the right one now. I searched for some keywords... and I am tired of looking.

That's Wrath of Khan Uniform, which to my understanding is a preorder/retail item. Mirror Universe Uniform is not a preorder or retail thing. It's linked to an active Champions Online account. But, someone aleady found Stormshade responding similarily in regards to the MU uniform. I'm willing to accept that, but I will be filing another ticket on Feb2 if they're not in. And I will be likewise complaining if the response to the ticket ends up being another form response that doesn't even address the issue.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    open a new ticket or GM issue in game, and stick to the issue -- i don't have my mirror universe uniform.

they are probably plowing through 5 tickets a minute trying to stay on top of things.. this likely could be chalked up to acceptable human error.. they saw the word 'liberated borg' and filed it in the wrong bit bucket..

you're going to wait a long time for a dev response in this thread most likely..
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Darkfire, I just love your avatar! Nice job there. She makes an exquisite Vulcan, indeed!
    Darkfire wrote: »

Back to the GM response. I do not know, but I feel a bit lacking in confidence with these responses to Tickets I have seen, not only my latest one I linked to in my previous post here in this thread. I do not know, maybe I have just had good luck with GM responses in the past games I have played.

I'll recount some. Back in Ultima Online, everyone complained about bad GM tickets, yet somehow I never got one. I have a feeling it was due to me once serving as a Counselor back in UO's hayday, so maybe I got put on a good list? I can say, the one most awesomeist thing (is that a word!?) about paging a GM in Ultima Online is that one would actually appear before you and hold a conversation with you. Greet you warmly with nice spells and tricks, thank you for playing the game, and then wish you well and disappear in some magnificent show of power. I have missed this greatly in every game I have played since. UO might have had the worst GM Canned Response track record for a good number of players, however at least for me, they always made me feel as though they cared, even if they didn't show up and just sent me a GM Message.

Oh now I've had a brain TRIBBLE after trying to recount all that. I can say that I have also had extremely great GM Service from the Turbine team. But again, this might have been because I was the Managing Editor for LotRO Stratics from the beginning of the game up and even further back as I was one of their Forum Administrators and Moderator for the UO Forums, until recently when I retired due to health restraints. So, maybe there too I got put on a good list.

WoW as well, I have had great customer service. Eve Online also. I do not know, maybe the word got out to all those games that I was a member of the Media. But now that I am not, I get to see what all these canned responses are about that people have been talking about here and there in other games? *whispers, I still have connectionz! - I jest, well.. no really I do but I don't abuse it*

*chuckles madley*

Sorry for the long rambling of a post, I completely understand any TL;DR's :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Thank you. Stormshade's not mentioning it by name and inadvertantly gave out of date information regarding the Liberated Borg, but at least it's in context. I guess it'll have to do. Thank you.

Didn't I mention that a yellow named said it would be released on Tuesday??

Let me check....

....yup, sure did.

;)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I think this is a problem though.

Customer Support isn't reading the tickets, they just glance at them and copy-paste the first canned response that comes to mind.

I put in a ticket about my del taco shuttle being bugged, and I got a response about preorder items being attached to the retail key. The CS person didn't even read the ticket!
This discussion has been closed.