test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ATI 4650 **d3d error** Stencil ????

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Graphical and Sound Issues
Been getting this since yesterday. I have tried the 9.12 drivers and 10.1 drivers for ATI, i have turned off an on every combo in game for graphics options to keep this from happening still nothing.

aT first i though maybe a memory leak within the game, but now, not sure, possibly an ATI issue with the game engine itself or vice versa.

HELP!!!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    hmm i don't think that is a problem with your card because i am using the same. however you did bring up a good point (game leak). i don't get error messages however my cpu seem to be taking a real bad beating from this game. i think this is a kewl game and all but i think they went alittle too far with some systems which don't seem to be able to handle it just yet. now i understand you have some real computer savy ppl out there who just have hogs for pc s but everyone is not like that lol. but seriously though all mmos seem to have a problem with leaks in the beginning give it some time and iam sure they will come up with a solution to the problem. i remember AoC and it's Leaks i mean terrible but this game has a chance on being something better than that if time is given and it is not rushed or the devs are not mentally beaten up lol.
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Yea, I get it too here and there. I assume it's mostly due to memory overload. Memory's filling faster than it can empty.

Too bad STO has no option to make use of PC RAM....I'm always running at max. 40% capacity...