test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptc Doesn't Listen - Complaining is a Waste

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
36 people that went out of their way to complain to the BBB about cryptic and only 1 got an acceptable response. If they aren't going to respond to complaints that give them a grade of "F" by the BBB in their home location, they certainly aren't going to listen to anyone complaining about them on this forum.

No sense in complaining. We either pay to play and put up with all the issues they still haven't fixed from the Beta or we don't. They don't care:

http://sanjose.bbb.org/Business-Report/Cryptic-Studios-221613

This isn't based off of the 5 reviews, by the way. It's based off of 36 complaints, of which usually allow 1-2 months for a responnse to the BBB from Cryptic of an acceptable response.

I can tell you I would never, never let my company get an F in my community or not respond to complaints, especially as serious as the complaints are in the description from the BBB.

Again, either deal with it or don't pay to play. They don't listen.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Then why are you on here complaining?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Since they fixed the bugs that Beta Testers informed them of, they DO listen. They just ignore the ignorant rambling and crying of majority of people. Try to submit an Official Ticket to cryptic about your concerns.. AND BE POLITE AND MATURE. You may be surprise when you receive a response.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    All this TRIBBLE they say about good business practices seems to all fly out the window pretty quick, eh?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    eyelusion wrote: »
    36 people that went out of their way to complain to the BBB about cryptic and only 1 got an acceptable response. If they aren't going to respond to complaints that give them a grade of "F" by the BBB in their home location, they certainly aren't going to listen to anyone complaining about them on this forum.

No sense in complaining. We either pay to play and put up with all the issues they still haven't fixed from the Beta or we don't. They don't care:

This isn't based off of the 5 reviews, by the way. It's based off of 36 complaints, of which usually allow 1-2 months for a responnse to the BBB from Cryptic of an acceptable response.

I can tell you I would never, never let my company get an F in my community or not respond to complaints, especially as serious as the complaints are in the description from the BBB.

They don't listen to the BBB, no. Most companies don't. The BBB, more or less, is a figurehead organization that mom and pop companies use to slap "BBB Top Rated" stickers to their front doors to try and woo customers.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    When this was posted by a troll I laughed because it was funny how many people got worked up over it.
    But this is getting old really.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    look at my sig, the part with the link and youll understand WHY they dont talk to us more
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    buddah7118 wrote:
    look at my sig, the part with the link and youll understand WHY they dont talk to us more

*blink, blink* ...yeah, that would explain why the devs would stay away from this hellhole of a forum... wow.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Of course, your company gets to conveniently remain anonymous, so you can claim whatever you want without any data to corroborate it.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Since they fixed the bugs that Beta Testers informed them of, they DO listen. They just ignore the ignorant rambling and crying of majority of people. Try to submit an Official Ticket to cryptic about your concerns.. AND BE POLITE AND MATURE. You may be surprise when you receive a response.

And what bugs might that be?? most of the ones i seen on OB are still here. and if you dont believe me ask the klingons about thier kit vendor or the many people trying to skill up and still getting an error..i could go on since i reported many more that are still here, but you get my point
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Then why are you complaining? Your logic dictates that they won't read it anyway
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    OMG THAT IS FUNNY- An F.........ha!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    *blink, blink* ...yeah, that would explain why the devs would stay away from this hellhole of a forum... wow.

I would, honestly, if I were them. If I didnt have to go on the forums and give a heads up, then get straight out called a liar, yeah I would nt be coming back here either lol
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    They don't listen to the BBB, no. Most companies don't. The BBB, more or less, is a figurehead organization that mom and pop companies use to slap "BBB Top Rated" stickers to their front doors to try and woo customers.

It's also a way that people formally complain when they have gone thru the normal channels and are too frustrated to do anything else but complain to the BBB and quit the game. It's not like anyone can or will sue Cryptic over non-response. At least it's a measure of some type that proves they don't care. You came up with your own reasoning as to what it means about their local company rating on the BBB, or for whatever reason you support Cryptic's non-response.

My comment isn't to complain. It's to say it will fall on deaf ears and that Cryptic will do what it wants to do. It's been proven time again and again.

Keep in mind, I have seen some good changes to the game and from user input. However, they were ideas and not comlaints.

In short, if it's a complaint, save it. It doesn't go anywhere but ripped apart by fan bois or tore down more by those more upset than any OP. It's worthless to complain about Cryptic so we all might as well lessen the complaining threads, return the game for a refund or pay and deal with it.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    MojoRisen wrote:
    And what bugs might that be?? most of the ones i seen on OB are still here. and if you dont believe me ask the klingons about thier kit vendor or the many people trying to skill up and still getting an error..i could go on since i reported many more that are still here, but you get my point

Hmm, how about the bug where you could fly while on your bridge.

How about the bug where you beamed down to a planet still as a ship or into space as a person?

Or the falling bug?

Not being able to trade with Merchants?

And the countless others that were around. Be patient and stop crying and simply fill out a ticket. Geez. Not all bugs are going to be magically fixed in one day.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hmm, how about the bug where you could fly while on your bridge.

How about the bug where you beamed down to a planet still as a ship or into space as a person?

Or the falling bug?

I havent had those do that to me anymore
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Lol , he's one of those guys who wants the CEO of Cryptic to come to his house and personally appologize for every stinking little thing he finds wrong with the game. Wow the better business bureau, OMG they have a website.

LoL better business bureau website

Lol internet
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So they have ignored the Better Business Bureau. I am unimpressed.

Does the BBB even comprehend what MMO or game development is like?

Does it have a clear understanding of how this industry is modeled, and how it deals with issues?

Does it have any perspective on these complaints, or are billing issues given the same weight as "I want the servers up NOW" issues?

I am not convinced that the BBB is doing anything more than talking out its collective behind most of the time anyways.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    the only thing the BBB is good for is extorting money out of businesses to get a favorable listing.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

This is the second thread on this. What did you steal the other guys link and posted it here? BBB is so useless your are better off going crying to your mommy and get better results. Come up with something original. :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.