test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Many mmo's vanguard for one?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
vanguard was an fantastic mmo........ but the support could not keep the servers up at the release and after months lost a majority of its customer base..............i realize this is pre-release but I promise you devs if you bring down and do not put right back up the servers if they crash after release date except for a scheduled maintenance you will lose a fantastic enthusiasm you have in all of us today then there will be a lot of your customer base gone........... im not complaining im warning you from 20 years from the release of the realm pre eq days till now watching what makes and breaks the mmo customer base you lose your customer population there is no reason to play why we play mmo's to play with other people. sorry im a bit illiterate and can not punctuate properly and gramer is bad but i hope a dev reads this post and realizes we have to work for the customer and keep them happy or loose them forever.

i want to play this game for a long time i love it, but if you cant get it together i will be playing this game alone like i did vanguard till i was bored.:mad:
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Actually, Vanguard was not a fantastic MMO upon release. It was rushed out the door in an unfinished state and although it is now pretty good, the horse has well and truly bolted before the stable door was slammed shut. Sad but true.

Al
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    If you think this game is as bad or worse than Vanguard was at launch, you are sorely mistaken. This game runs, it runs good, it plays good, you can actually move around without your computer having a panic attack and rebooting. Graphics dont meltfaces because they were poorly implemented and numerous other things that made Vanguard the worse launch ever havent cropped up in sto.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    What are you talking about vanguard was a broken game at launch cannot compair it at all with sto. The game was atleast 3 times harder to run at that time on the newest hardware. Vanguard did have great ideas that brad the creator of eq 1 did have but was unable to execute with their budget /resources. Ppl can be glad sony did take the game otherwise it would have been dead 1 year after launch , now it atleast is on sonys life support list;)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Chock wrote:
    Actually, Vanguard was not a fantastic MMO upon release. It was rushed out the door in an unfinished state and although it is now pretty good, the horse has well and truly bolted before the stable door was slammed shut. Sad but true.

Al

And yet MMO developers continue to do the same mistake over and over...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    vanguard has been the proclaimed messiah of the genre. STO is just another incarnation. Do not dare to compare those two games.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Aisling wrote:
    If you think this game is as bad or worse than Vanguard was at launch, you are sorely mistaken. This game runs, it runs good, it plays good, you can actually move around without your computer having a panic attack and rebooting. Graphics dont meltfaces because they were poorly implemented and numerous other things that made Vanguard the worse launch ever havent cropped up in sto.

Vanguard played about the same for me as STO. Theres been about the same amount of server crashes. I've had to beam out of ground missions 4 times so far (out of 6 missions) b/c my character gets stuck in the floor. My action bars for ground never save. 3 of the missions so far would not complete at all.

Bottom line, im hitting 1-2 bugs an hour. Theres games in ALPHA i've played with less problems.

STO has really good potential, if just needs to be more stable and bug free.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, all I heard about Vanguard was it was a horrible shell of a game that no one could play.

I've played a lot of MMOs and so far, STO has had one of the smoothest launches. It's actually uncommon for a launching MMO to have its server(s) up for most of the day, so just a few hours of downtime here and there during the first two days is actually pretty good.

I'm sorry Hapuk, but I don't think the devs should, or will listen to someone who has never launched an MMO before, or who can barely type a coherent sentence.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    To provide a modicom of balance here, in 2003 when Eve Online was released, its servers were suffering DOS attacks and the game was up and down. It's 2010 and the game is going strong. We have no idea why the servers have gone down and judging by the legnth they have been down, it's not a trivial matter but whatever it is, it's probably factors outside Cryptic's control.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    first, I am schizophrenic, my gramer and spelling goes with the illness. I can not punctuate properly or spell well nor do i care too. i was venting and to all i appolagize esspecialy to the devs if you read my entire message i said i love the game i wanted to help and say please communicate with the custumers when servers are down 2 hrs down time before we got a message that servers were down and were trying to fix the sitution. secound i only used vanguar as an example of a rush job not to compare it too sto just please take every word into count before you form an apinion of my post.

to all i appolagize for this post i am mentaly ill and its apparent in the replys you all have been playing mmo's longer then me i started on an IBM deck 10 you probably dont even know what that is but your all so knowlagable to try and warn of a potential problem of a game i will probably love for years to come

I was trying to help not just complain

take care all i hope you all live long and prosper

HAPUK
This discussion has been closed.