What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Questions...

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Hello everyone,

I have a few questions..

1. when do we upgrade to another ship?
2. I'm trying to find some Generators for a planet in the sector left to the orion, I have no clue where to find them, the description from the message and the quest journal don't really help me much any clue where to find them or point me in the right direction...

Thanks!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Level 10 for next ship.

As for second bit, cant help without more info sorry.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Lvl 11 is next ship, then 21
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Nightrun55 wrote: »
    Lvl 11 is next ship, then 21

I stand corrected :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hi there:

1) You upgrade your ship once you gain a new rank. The way ranks work in this game is Lt. Lt. Cmdr. Commander, Captain and Rear Admiral. Ships are assigned at the following levels:

- 11 - Lt. Commander i.e. level 11
    - 21 - Commander i.e. level 21
    - 31 - Captain i.e. level 31
    - 41 - Rear Admiral i.e. level 41

You get the picture? Every 11 levels assuming you've spent all the required amount of skillpoints you gain a rank and thus open up the next tier ship. Hope this helps.

As to your second question, what is the name of the mission? What does it tell you to do exactly? Details would help.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Do you "have" to take the mission at Level 6 (IIRC) that also unlocks Kilngons if you have no plan on ever playing a Kilingon?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    level 11, then 21 etc for ship upgrades. As for the generators, there is a commodities broker in earth space dock, near the tailor to customize your characters. he's in the corner in the same room.

Although personally I just abandon the exploration missions that require commodities. Just leave and do a different one. Then you dont have to spend credits, you can do a combat or diplomatic one.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    As far as I recall you don't need to do any mission to unlock Klingon. Just reach level 6 and it should unlock for you at character creation. Unless I'm missing something... I don't ever recall doing a mission to unlock the Klingon side.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Janlee wrote: »
    Do you "have" to take the mission at Level 6 (IIRC) that also unlocks Kilngons if you have no plan on ever playing a Kilingon?

Nah is no 'mission' it just unlocks the ability to create a klingon on char creation screen.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I think you may have to take it if you want the storyline to progress (never actually tried not taking it myself), but there's nothing forcing you to make a Klingon character if you do, so you should do it just to get the points to spend on your character and bridge officers.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Nah is no 'mission' it just unlocks the ability to create a klingon on char creation screen.

That is why I put "have" in quotes. I had heard that you needed to do some sort of Mission.

But that wass zone chat, and we ALL know how trustworthy that is.

"Where is Memory Alpha?" "Q'ounos"
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Well servers down so I can't give you exact Quest name, but i was supposes to explore 3 planets in the Sector top left of the Starting area, right next to Sol. There were no planets so i went cruising and saw a bar pop up saying explore unknown planets went to the planet incoming communcations of a person asking for 10 Generators or Shield generators. and hit contiune and the dialog was gone. Check quest log all its says it to get 10 generators... looked in sol at every vendor couldnt figure it out.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

"Where is Memory Alpha?" "Q'ounos"

Not sure if thats a sig or a Q, but its in alpha centure block, once ya get there just look for it on system map :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Looking for generators on a planet surface? Really really sandy place? If so, consult your map. You'll see white circles where they are located.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Not sure if thats a sig or a Q, but its in alpha centure block, once ya get there just look for it on system map :)

I have been to Memory Alpha.

What I quoted was what I saw in Zone chat.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    PhiloPhi wrote:
    Looking for generators on a planet surface? Really really sandy place? If so, consult your map. You'll see white circles where they are located.

Yeah, also another helpfull tip. Use your tricoder, even if there is no anomolys it will point towards quest goals. Surprised it doesnt tell ya that in tutorial.

Just following the blue line from tricorer and it will guide ya :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    There is a commodities broker in SB1, the wandering traders also carry commodities for sale.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    PhiloPhi wrote:

It didn't give me the option to beam to the surface.

where is sb1?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yokata wrote:
    where is sb1?

Starbase 1, the first starbase you start off at, orbiting a big blue/green planet called Earth.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    oh my bad, sorry Thought it was called sol
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    2. I'm trying to find some Generators for a planet in the sector left to the orion, I have no clue where to find them, the description from the message and the quest journal don't really help me much any clue where to find them or point me in the right direction...

In open beta there was an NPC in Starbase One in Sol that sold Provisions, Generators, and such for colony supply missions for about 00 credits each. They do drop from ship kills too, but not very often.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yokata wrote:
    Well servers down so I can't give you exact Quest name, but i was supposes to explore 3 planets in the Sector top left of the Starting area, right next to Sol. There were no planets so i went cruising and saw a bar pop up saying explore unknown planets went to the planet incoming communcations of a person asking for 10 Generators or Shield generators. and hit contiune and the dialog was gone. Check quest log all its says it to get 10 generators... looked in sol at every vendor couldnt figure it out.

this are the repeatable explore-missions. you can sometimes loot the items from ships or buy them at the cargo-ships e.g.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    p00tums wrote:

In open beta there was an NPC in Starbase One in Sol that sold Provisions, Generators, and such for colony supply missions for about 00 credits each. They do drop from ship kills too, but not very often.

Thanks p00tums :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I believe that you can also buy ships, provided you have enough energy credits.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Generators and other commodities can be bought at the SOL spacestation and I THINK you can get them from the federation merchant ships. You can also get them as item drops but it's kind of rare.

At SOL, they go for about 100 credits a piece so you may want to drop missions that want you to burn 1000 credits to complete and find a new one that is a little more rewarding.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yokata wrote:
    oh my bad, sorry Thought it was called sol

The Earth's nearest star, what many call The Sun, is also known as Sol.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Also, the commodities vendor at the starbase is across from the tailor.
This discussion has been closed.