test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

irreversible mistakes?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in The Academy
Greetings all, thanks for reading.

I just got into the head start, and I'm hoping that some of the more experienced beta testers could say what choices can be made and not corrected later?

In other words, what decisions are we stuck with for the life of a character and can't correct?

I'm guessing obviously character creation details are permanent (race, class etc) but what about bridge officers and skill points etc?

If we decide later on that we don't like our skill selections, or who we are looking at across the bridge can we do something about it?

TIA
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Bridge Officers can be endlessly replaced, and there is no cap on Bridge Officer Skill Points, so you can keep training new ones.

Skill points spent are currently permanent, and there is a cap on the total you can earn (60700). Skill respecs are apparently on the way relatively soon, and the devs plan to increase the skill point cap at some point in the future.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I'm not sure if they play to allow respec on your racial traits (the ones you pick during creation) but that is probably the only major thing you cant correct later on.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    dont worry about anything but your creation stuff. race, class, and traits.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Awesome, thanks all

/salute
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Lets see, just a few off the top of my head:

Your species and gender of your captain can never be changed. Your name will be changable at some point in the future by way of the cryptic store.

Spending skill points is currently permanent, but they will add a respec feature sometime soon.

Every time you die in PvP, the guilt of your failure will haunt you for the life of the game.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Vobe wrote:

Every time you die in PvP, the guilt of your failure will haunt you for the life of the game.

oh that one is funny.