test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Auto-Fire Question

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in The Academy
During Beta I primarily played Tactical. I switched to Engineer now. Previously in ground combat, I was able to right-click an ability and after activation, it would continue to fire. This still seems to work in space for me, however now when I'm on the ground it does not. Does anyone know if this is class related or am I missing something?

I initially thought this was a bug, but after the ticket response below, I'm not certain:
We have reviewed the game play issue you described and have confirmed that it is working correctly. To better ensure that all players have an equal and fair playing experience, we do not provide information on actual game play or hints regarding missions. Furthermore, you may be able to find assistance with similar questions by seeking out the assistance of other players in game or visiting the official forums which can be reached through the Community link at the top of the launcher. Thank you for playing!

Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I think they removed ground combat autofire after Open Beta ended. I've seen lots of people in game complaining they can't autofire on the ground anymore so I think it's by design and not a bug.

Unfortunately, I don't use autofire so I can't confirm or deny this firsthand.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Auto fire for ground was turned off midway through open beta. However, any existing character that already had it enabled didnt lose it. (which was odd)

I havent decided if I like not having autofire or not.. It does make me go more 'tactical' on my shots though. It also makes it easier to shoot secondary attacks and abilities since previously the auto fire would interfere with that.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Thanks for the heads-up Captains!