test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Direct 3D graphics bug for away missions

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Constantly get this crash every time im on an away mission in a starbase-=- i have the latest ati graphics driver you people linked on your site--

Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (UNKNOWN) while locking a texture.
Unique Error ID: 6577543

it is impossible for me to do any misisons on a starbase map-- like the klingon listening post or starbase 24 mission-- happens without fail every time-- please help

ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 graphics card under windows 7 64 bit.
running this driver package:

9-12_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_wdm_enu
for ati
:(
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I run an HD4870 in Win7 64 as well and I crash on any space based, meaning ship or station away mission . I can't finish Starbase 24, I can't finish the time travel mission. Its ridiculous, please look into it.
    edited January 2010
    hmm-- wonder if they dont know how to make an interface that works with ati cards.....
    edited January 2010
    -Forsaken- wrote: »
    Constantly get this crash every time im on an away mission in a starbase-=- i have the latest ati graphics driver you people linked on your site--

Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (UNKNOWN) while locking a texture.

it is impossible for me to do any misisons on a starbase map-- like the klingon listening post or starbase 24 mission-- happens without fail every time-- please help

for ati

Hi Guys,

I'm running windows 7 32 bit RC1 with a Radeon 5770, and have been getting it crash to desktop on Starbase 24, and a few other missions where you take part in ground assualts\rescues. I believe it could be a memory handling bug, but either way, I fixed it by resetting all of the graphics settings to defaults, then just changing the resolution back to my 16:10 res (1680x1050).

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any success?? Seems to be lots of users with ATi cards having this issue.
    edited January 2010
    Turn the lights per object down to 2
    edited January 2010
    Only two crashes i had is was not related to my ATI graphicscard, got ATI HD 4870 X2. Driver is newest 9.12

So i cant comply to that issue. Pls post what system you are using -> ie: OS, Sound / Graphics / Ram ect and what other programs are running in the background. Most of the time there are virusprotection activated that can block the communication for some files or a firewall to block networktraffic.

!!! Do not deactivate a firewall if you do not know what you are doing !!! If you need to deactivate a firewall only deactivate it for testing purpose and only for a very short time.
    edited January 2010
    ME TOO!

I have an ATI HD4800 and every time i try to do the starbase 24 mission, it crashes about 10 minutes in.
    I've tried it 4 times with the same result.

Does it have something to do with my ATI card?
    edited January 2010
    sjn wrote:
    Turn the lights per object down to 2

That did nothing.
    edited January 2010
    Toscani wrote:
    Hi Guys,

I'm running windows 7 32 bit RC1 with a Radeon 5770, and have been getting it crash to desktop on Starbase 24, and a few other missions where you take part in ground assualts\rescues. I believe it could be a memory handling bug, but either way, I fixed it by resetting all of the graphics settings to defaults, then just changing the resolution back to my 16:10 res (1680x1050).

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any success?? Seems to be lots of users with ATi cards having this issue.

Even if this works- havent tried it yet-- it would mean the options they have for graphics need to be fixed-- i have no desire to play the game on crappy settings just so it wont crash, so they need to find out why this breaks ati cards and fix it.
    edited January 2010
    -Forsaken- wrote: »

for ati

You need to roll back your graphics card drivers, there was an issue with nvidia cars aswell so i got the older drivers and it seems to work fine(ish) for me.
    edited January 2010
    But do not update to 10.1 Catalyst. I tried this today and this driver sucks. I got a wrong version number, my hd4870 not installed and the driver is not WHQL authentificated.

I will now try to install 9.11. Wonder what will happen :D
    edited January 2010
    This very thing is why I stopped buying ATI cards over 3 years ago. They build the fastest latest feature cards, then ship out crappy drivers. I can remember more than 10 games that were hampered with issues due to ATI drivers. A developer writes textures and graphics for a game to work with the Dirtect X specs published by Microsoft. If a Video card manufacture can not make sure is drivers support those DIrect X functions/calls properly, then it is not the game developers fault. That is not to say that Cryptic does not have issues in the graphics area of this game. I just know that I do not have any issues with my Nvidia card and drivers,
    edited January 2010
    Nobody haf problems with this issue in beta i think. i did not install new drivers between beta and headstart so the driver can not be the cause of the problem.
    Also there are a number of players which have the same issue on nvidia cards.
    edited February 2010
    Veged wrote: »
    Nobody haf problems with this issue in beta i think.

This is not true Veged.

I have been playing since Closed beta and this has been a reoccurring and constant issue for me since day ONE.

I have two HD3870's and without fail I crash AT LEAST once, usually more every single time i beam down to a planet with any form of combat.

Has anyone else found a solution to this, other than Cryptic addressing it? Logic would seem to reason that it is DEFINITELY something to due with the ATI cards... and I'd be willing to go out on a limb here and say in particular the HD cards. IF this hypothesis is true, it is definitely far more likely that it IS driver and game conflict related in some form or fashion.
    edited February 2010
    turn off Dynamic Lighting. It worked for me, and I saw another thread that it helped as well.
    edited February 2010
    I am using a 5750, and this crash is also happening to me during all away missions.
    edited February 2010
    this has happened to me like 5 times in 2 hours D:
    edited February 2010
    There were issues with the ATI cards in CB and OB. Last post I read on it said they were working on a fix. They had disabled Antialiasing for ATI cards. Not sure if they turned it back on or not, but if it is on and you are running AA, turn it off and see if that helps. Also, if the option for AA is disabled in game, check the Catalyst Control Panel and make sure that you aren't running AA there as well. Not saying this will help, but it might.
    edited May 2010
    This is really ****ing me off.

Done fuming now.

But seriously, hate being with other people and then crashing, have to wait for star trek to 'try' and find the error, and then 5 minutes later (or more) get back to the game that shouldn't have crashed in the first place.

Okay, now I"m really done.
    edited May 2010
    Hum... almost 0 crash, playing with everything almost on max with an HD3850... Only had few one since open beta and most of them where on ground mission.