test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Couple of Questions

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in The Academy
Hi all, I joined the OB late so am getting to grips with the game and really enjoying so far!

I have a couple of questions - firstly what is transwarp and how do I do it (I hear you can travel quickly to specific locations which would be very helpful)

Secondly is to do with picking up items: when you are in an open team can everyone pick up items (dropped by dead enemies) or is it the first person there gets the item? (similar question with regards to scanning anomalies) And related to this, sometimes it seems that an enemy drops an item after being killed which is white rather than yellow and I don't get the option to pick it up.

Does this have something to do with my rank, race or s it something else that I am doing wrong?
Thanks very much

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Transwarp teleports you back to Sol. It's in your skill list (click the icon to the right of your skill bar). It's good for selling loot, but it's got a 30-minute cooldown, so you won't be using it often.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hi all, I joined the OB late so am getting to grips with the game and really enjoying so far!

I have a couple of questions - firstly what is transwarp and how do I do it (I hear you can travel quickly to specific locations which would be very helpful)
    Transwarp is an ability. Press 'P' in space and you should find it in the list, and can drag it to your hotbar (I think it is assigned to a bar by default, but I forget which bar).

Triggering it warps you back to Starbase 1 in the Sol system. It has a 30 minute recharge.
    Secondly is to do with picking up items: when you are in an open team can everyone pick up items (dropped by dead enemies) or is it the first person there gets the item?
    There are different loot options for groups, which control how loot is distributed.
    (similar question with regards to scanning anomalies)
    I believe these are 'first come, first served'.
    And related to this, sometimes it seems that an enemy drops an item after being killed which is white rather than yellow and I don't get the option to pick it up.
    White loot objects 'belong' to someone else, either due to the current loot rules for your group or because the 'owner' isn't grouped with you.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

Secondly is to do with picking up items: when you are in an open team can everyone pick up items (dropped by dead enemies) or is it the first person there gets the item? (similar question with regards to scanning anomalies) And related to this, sometimes it seems that an enemy drops an item after being killed which is white rather than yellow and I don't get the option to pick it up.

Does this have something to do with my rank, race or s it something else that I am doing wrong?
    Thanks very much

Yellow Loot = Your's

White Loot = Somedody else's

Who gets it looks to be based on who did the most damage. If you're teamed with others it will be based on what the Team Leader has looting set to... default is Round Robin I believe.