test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sirius Sektor Patrol?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in The Academy
Hi there!

I've got the task to patrol the Sirius Sektor and eliminate 3 threats (dont know the real quest-text)
But the Sirius Sektor is the hole Sektor (where to find Sol-System for example) how can I find threats in there?

I've locatet an "Enemy Contact" or something flying around in this Sector, but everytime I engage them (i'm portet to the instance) the game says "well done, thanks for your help", but I didn't do anything and I dont get any quest-progress (1/3 etc.)

Game bugged oder Brain bugged ? ^^

Yours Baalzar
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You probably came in at the end of an instance. They take 5 minutes to reset after a round is complete. Just hang out and wait for the next one to start. You can get all 3 patrol credits if you stay there for 3 rounds.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Firstly, I believe it tells you to patrol the entire Sirius Sector Block, which covers all 3 sectors (the entire space in your Area Map).

Secondly, the Patrol missions tell you to go to specific Systems, while the Secure missions have you located Enemy Contacts. And when you do enter an Enemy Contact zone, it might tell you "Good job!" but that's just because the instance ended and you have to wait up to 5 minutes for the instance to reset. Only once it resets are you given credit for enemies killed. If you don't want to wait, try finding another Enemy Contact. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    This could be engage enemy contacts in sector space, normally it's engage 3 targets

Warp to enemy location and join the battle.

The first screen that comes up does say thank you message and a button to exit to sector space, but there is also a button that says keep exploring. Use this button.

Now your in the system and you have a job such as destroy 5 squadrons etc.
    There is a spawn timer counting down before it all resets as the previous players may have wiped everythign out already.

After destroying x squadrons you will get the leave option again and one of your 3 mission requirements will be met.

I think this needs to be addressed as it's not obvious to new people to the game.
    It does appear like you warp in and are told it has finished.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Wow, thanks for the fast help! :)

Yeah I think it was the same with the Spacestation 24 mission.
    Ok I'll give it a try as soon as the server comes up ;)