test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ground PVP=Fail

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PvP Gameplay
Not sure if you devs have even bothered to play ground PvP yet. It goes like this:

1. Stunned (8 secs)
2. Snipered with one shot and dead
3. Respawn
4. Repeat

Wow what fun. I can gear up to do the same to others as they do to me but come really? That's all combat is going to boil down to? Stun, one shot and respawn?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    there is ingame code that prevents 1 shotting, shop exagerating grt better armour and weapons and work with your team or u fail
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Jason151 wrote: »
    there is ingame code that prevents 1 shotting, shop exagerating grt better armour and weapons and work with your team or u fail

Obviously there isnt, and he isnt exagerating, klingons melee weapons can stun lock, and science officers can stun lock, and if you expose someone you CAN 1 hit them with an expose attack.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    xDarkaix wrote: »
    ... and if you expose someone you CAN 1 hit them with an expose attack.

But the expose attack counts as an attack, so an expose/exploit is technically a two hit kill. Not as annoying as the stun lock though.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I have to agree with the OP...when i tried PvP this evening, i was constantly being 2 shot by ALL of the Klingons....Not fun at all.

I'm Done with the PvP until it is fixed.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I fail at gound pvp so i'll go the the froums to qq about my lack of skill

There fixed you post
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    This problem goes away once you stop running around alone.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

not only that...but is it worth it for half the reward as well?...still 40 kills and now even less for our time...i feel.....i dont know.... :confused:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Rhyse wrote:
    I have to agree with the OP...when i tried PvP this evening, i was constantly being 2 shot by ALL of the Klingons....Not fun at all.

Ground PVP sucks for everyone. Rifle butt is far more effective than a mkII bat'leth btw.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    As far as I'm concerned ground PvP is fail until we can do a dual-overhand rock toss during combat.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Rastaban wrote:
    But the expose attack counts as an attack, so an expose/exploit is technically a two hit kill. Not as annoying as the stun lock though.

Actually tactial officers get an ability that does no damage and has a 10% chance to expose all enemys in a cone infront of him. So it doesnt count as an attack.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Actually tactial officers get an ability that does no damage and has a 10% chance to expose all enemys in a cone infront of him. So it doesnt count as an attack.

Almost all debuffs, holds, roots etc have a 10% chance to expose.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    LoL at this very moment, PvP is for patient people.

THAT IS WRONG.

PvP should rather be fast paced. PvE is supposed to be for patient people(which it is not really atm)

But still, had a blast in ground pvp today. And will tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Danohk wrote: »
    As far as I'm concerned ground PvP is fail until we can do a dual-overhand rock toss during combat.

/Signed :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Noxander wrote:
    LoL at this very moment, PvP is for patient people.

THAT IS WRONG.

PvP should rather be fast paced. PvE is supposed to be for patient people(which it is not really atm)

But still, had a blast in ground pvp today. And will tomorrow.

All they need to do, is 4 things..

1.) Fix spawns so you dont spawn in the middle of 5 klingons (or feds) and then get spawn camped

2.) Put cool downs on the basic melee attack (#3 basic slot)

3.) Reduce the amount of kills needed to complete the match / OR increase the rewards to match the amount of kills.

4.) make it so a game wont start with out 5 on each team.

EDIT: Ok 5 things, the person below me made a good example.

5.) After being stunned, rooted, or knocked down, add a 10-30 second buff to resistances of what ever happened to you, so that people cant stun lock you.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I like the ground combat, but the animations could be made somewhat smoother. A longer stun immunity would be nice though.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    All they need to do, is 4 things..

1.) Fix spawns so you dont spawn in the middle of 5 klingons (or feds) and then get spawn camped

2.) Put cool downs on the basic melee attack (#3 basic slot)

3.) Reduce the amount of kills needed to complete the match / OR increase the rewards to match the amount of kills.

4.) make it so a game wont start with out 5 on each team.

ture word .... true word
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    And if you can't get five on a team, at least fill in the slots with an AI away team.

The situation that is most annoying is when you are out numbered 5 to 1 or 5 to 2.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Rhyse wrote:

I'm not sure if I was 2 shot or 1+1+1+1+1 shot by the Klingball. I had just spawned in and couldn't even move yet when I was killed the first time :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010

This is true, but with the respawn system in it's current state it is not unusual to go several respawns without even seeing a member of your team.

There really should be set respawn "safe" zones for each side so that people can regroup in safety.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Obviously there isnt, and he isnt exagerating, klingons melee weapons can stun lock, and science officers can stun lock, and if you expose someone you CAN 1 hit them with an expose attack.

not from full health, from around half health(shields gone or almost gone), but thats not one-shotting.

i've seen some crazy crits on exploit attacks that took people from full to 25% hp, but those were rare.

i've been controlled and killed from full to empty, but those are the exception to the rule. We are people blasting each other with massive laser cannons, so i expected to get vaporized every now and then.

I've done ground pvp for hours on end, but don't seem to be running into the same issues as the OP on a regular enough basis to mind at all.