test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This is Wrong!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in The Academy
HI all

I purchased my game through steam as Australia have really ****ed up this game.

Now i jumped on my PC to begin head start and now i have to wait as it s downloading. it seems like its another 10gigs which means that i could be downloading the client again which i thought i already had when i downloaded 10gigs for the BETA.

I knew that there would be additional downloading for head start but not the whole client again.

Am i the only one who has had to re-download the client?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    nope, not the only one. that's what, the 10th thread on the subject? :P
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    What I don't understand is how I still can't log in when everyone seems to be waiting to download the game via Steam! What's it going to be like tomorrow?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    blame steam... you should beable to run the game without ever opening steam after installing it.... i did it for EQ2...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Tenkari wrote:
    blame steam... you should beable to run the game without ever opening steam after installing it.... i did it for EQ2...

You actually can, all steam does is run the game with steam overlay. You can go in the folder and launch it manually.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It did the same thing to me...i was playing...went for lunch, came back, and it forced a re-download.....and....why oh why is it still calling it beta
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Its comforting to know that Steam and Cryptic have both disappeared into the shadows regarding this issue.

Nice to know that the communication between customer and developer is there.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I worry about release is steam going to wipe the "Head Start" version to install the "retail" version

I mean its still called beta