test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

over 5 hours now waiting on a GM

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
for some reason the game wont let me enter into sector space an im suck just crusing a lil patch of space on impuls, 3 messages and 5 hours i still have no had any response from a GM
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    there is another guy waiting for 5 days. Be patient :)
    edited January 2010
    erichamby wrote: »
    for some reason the game wont let me enter into sector space an im suck just crusing a lil patch of space on impuls, 3 messages and 5 hours i still have no had any response from a GM

This is NOT the live game, you should just report the bug using the offline submitter, (which also lets you see if its already been reported) and roll another character. You cannot expect live customer service for a game that is a free beta when the devs are working on hundreds of other bugs that affect us all.

Now if this was the live game.. a completely different scenario.
    edited January 2010
    THIS ISNT THE LIVE GAME? OMG NO WAY DUDE!!!!

Actually they said to use the in game bug and gm tool. Whats worse is this is currently not the only issue im having with sto support.
    edited January 2010
    If they don't answer these "calls for help" in less than 5 days, or did not want to answer them at all during this stage of the game then the option to ask for a GM's help should not of been in yet :P
    edited January 2010
    THIS ISNT THE LIVE GAME? OMG NO WAY DUDE!!!!

Actually they said to use the in game bug and gm tool. Whats worse is this is currently not the only issue im having with sto support.

Well your choice, but I tihnk you are being totally unrealistic expecting a dev / support team to contact an individual live about a problem with single figure hours left to iron out properly documented issues. Just do us all a favour, document using the bug tool in case it happens to us during live gameplay, and roll another character so you can enjoy whatever surprise is in store at 10am PST when the character is wiped anyway.
    edited January 2010
    MorganUK wrote: »
    Well your choice, but I tihnk you are being totally unrealistic expecting a dev / support team to contact an individual live about a problem with single figure hours left to iron out properly documented issues. Just do us all a favour, document using the bug tool in case it happens to us during live gameplay, and roll another character so you can enjoy whatever surprise is in store at 10am PST when the character is wiped anyway.

I didnt think toon wipe happen till 6pmpst, whats going on at 10am?

Here is the issue guys incase you dont want it to happen to you, though i have been at this location before with no issues so im not sure whats causing it, I loaded by a enemy contact in the alpha sector block and it auto loaded me into the battle, no it wont let me exit, clicking on the exit to sector space button does nothing at all, and whats so bad is i didnt ask to go into the battle in the first place, i loaded from the vender system to sectory and just happen to be next to a enemy contact.

I know things are busy for them at the moment but liek i said this isnt the only current issue i am having. I will report on that later depending on how it ends up which so far isnt well.

Also the GM report tool says to "report and wait" so thats what its for is a gm to come fast and help. i can make a report in SWG and withen 5-15 min someone is there to help.
    edited January 2010
    I didnt think toon wipe happen till 6pmpst, whats going on at 10am?

Here is the issue guys incase you dont want it to happen to you, though i have been at this location before with no issues so im not sure whats causing it, I loaded by a enemy contact in the alpha sector block and it auto loaded me into the battle, no it wont let me exit, clicking on the exit to sector space button does nothing at all, and whats so bad is i didnt ask to go into the battle in the first place, i loaded from the vender system to sectory and just happen to be next to a enemy contact.

I know things are busy for them at the moment but liek i said this isnt the only current issue i am having. I will report on that later depending on how it ends up which so far isnt well.

Also the GM report tool says to "report and wait" so thats what its for is a gm to come fast and help. i can make a report in SWG and withen 5-15 min someone is there to help.

At 10am PST (6pm GMT) the beta ends and cryptic have promised us something very special. And I agree I dont want it happening, which is why it needs to be documented with the bug tool (not reported to a GM) and you can also use the tool to see if it already exists.. its quite a cool tool where you can see everything reported.
    edited January 2010

Without knowing what you have tried, and your level of expereince... after reporting, why no try a transwarp to see if it resets you to the sol system.

Press P and select TRANSWARP
    edited January 2010
    At 10am PST (6pm GMT) the beta ends and cryptic have promised us something very special. And I agree I dont want it happening, which is why it needs to be documented with the bug tool (not reported to a GM) and you can also use the tool to see if it already exists.. its quite a cool tool where you can see everything reported.

so thats 12pm central time, have they said where to go or be? you got a link mate i guess thats easier than explaining everythign to me.
    edited January 2010
    so thats 12pm central time, have they said where to go or be? you got a link mate i guess thats easier than explaining everythign to me.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=1678024#post1678024

Let us know if the transwarp works.... will be useful to know if we hit the same snag
    edited January 2010
    Without knowing what you have tried, and your level of expereince... after reporting, why no try a transwarp to see if it resets you to the sol system.

Press P and select TRANSWARP

you cant transwarp inside a system. im lvl commander grade 1, honestly i do love the help here but if you dont know you cant transwarp inside a system you shouldn't be offering help mate.
    edited January 2010
    you cant transwarp inside a system. im lvl commander grade 1, honestly i do love the help here but if you dont know you cant transwarp inside a system you shouldn't be offering help mate.

Here is a better link

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/949

and dont worry, earmarked you to never reply to or talk to or pay attention to again. Maybe you should leave your crappy elitist attitude at the login page.
    edited January 2010
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=1678024#post1678024

Let us know if the transwarp works.... will be useful to know if we hit the same snag

i see the kligon event at 2pm pst, i see nothing about anythign at 10am pst.
    edited January 2010

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=83100

Care to read that again?
    edited January 2010
    Here is a better link

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/949

and dont worry, earmarked you to never reply to or talk to or pay attention to again. Maybe you should leave your crappy elitist attitude at the login page.

huh?

/10charmin
    edited January 2010
    tedgp123 wrote: »

i think they need to.
    edited January 2010
    tedgp123 wrote: »

Blast... yeah.. I did indeed misread that, I enjoy the game... but as a UK player.. I dont "wait till 2am in the morning and be bog eyed at work to see what happens at the end of beta" enjoy the game.

Have fun all who do