test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Still stuck at the login in sever

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
same old stuff even after the patch still stucik at the login sever this has been like this for days now :mad:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    [ PURPOSE ]
    Reporting what is probably a common situation from the reading that i have done. However, the sitatuion may not be such. This also provides a path of steps taken that others may follow that are experiencing the same login error situation.

[ SITUATION ]
    After completing the login screen text prompts with the correct ID and PW credentials, the screen changes to the LOADING screen, the bar moves approximately 3/4 complete and an error message box appears that reads FATAL ERROR:

[ STEPS TAKEN ]
    After logon, PATCH appears at the bottom right of the screen, so I waited and watched the verifying numbers grow to match with the button that was PATCH now reading CANCEL. Once the verification numbers match and it goes through the mirroring cycle (approimately 22 files), the CANCEL button turns to PLAY. I press the PLAY button. The CRYPTIC progress bar screen shows and eventuallly fills. Then the music starts and I choose my one toon by pressing PLAY. Then comes the error. The title on the message box is FATAL ERROR and the text inside of the error message box is Fatal Error: Error reading file.

I have reported this several times tonight and I am unable to get passed this. I have seen this before, but itrarely, if ever, twice in a row. Currently I cannot get passed that at all.

I then press OKAY and report the issue,

I will refer to this entry in the box that is now visible on my screen in hopes that Cryptic will respond with an assist in this area for others to refer.

[ RESOLUTION ]
    Currently in progress. Followup entries in this thread will complete the scenario.

[ RELATED ]
    2010.01.25 [-A-] Login Failure
    2010.01.24 [-A-] Successful Login
    2010.01.22 [-A-] Login Situation
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [ PURPOSE ]
    Allow others to follow the troubleshooting process and get themselves logged back into STO.

[ PROCESS ]
    I filled in the error message box for the situation in the previous post in this thread. I refered to this entry in this thread so that this more detailed report is available to Cryptic and so that others can follow the troubleshooting direction until a permanet fix may be found for this situation.

[ RELATED ]
    2010.01.24 [-A-] Successful Login
    2010.01.21 [-A-] Fatal Error When Logging In
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    [ SITUATION ]
    Continuation of previous posts in this thread.

[ STEPS ]
    With no response from Crytic / Atari, I continued to troubleshoot the situation myself. I renamed the STAR TREK ONLINE folder under the CRYPTIC STUDIOS folder. When I started the game, it did what I expected, for it reloaded the entire directory. After hours of waiting, I was able to successfully login to STO.

[ RESOLUTION ]
    Remove the STAR TREK ONLINE folder under the CRYPTIC STUDIOS folder where Star Trek Online is installed on the computer. Start Star Trek Online/

[ SITUATIONS ]
    1) No known response from Crytic / Atari on this subject.
    2) The reinstall is too time consuming to continue using this technique to recover from the login situation.

[ RELATED ]
    2010.01.22 [-A-] Login Situation
    2010.01.21 [-A-] Fatal Error When Logging In