test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Del Taco And STO Teaming Up

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I see that there's some folks selling (using the buy-it-now feature) cups/codes on e-Bay, if you want to spend around ten bucks (including shipping) for some digital bits.
    edited January 2010
    Somebody smart is going to sell these cups on Ebay. Thanks Cryptic you made an west coast Ebay troll rich. I can see it now $20 bucks for a cup, they got for $.99.
    edited January 2010
    How about offering the promo through a company that is nationwide, there's very few Del Taco locations East of the Mississippi river. Perhaps taco bell would have been a better choice.
    edited January 2010
    Unless I want to take an hour there is no Del taco here ehter
    edited January 2010
    So i wonder how much these cups are going to fetch on ebay...

I sense a business opportunity here. Buy a soda for what, a buck or two max. Sell the cup with the code on ebay for 10 times that so people can get their shuttle craft. Now if only one of those taco joints were close to where I live...
    edited January 2010
    yeah this is kinda dumb...i could see if it was a more popular chain, doesn't even have to be mainstream (in and out), but I've honestly never heard of this company before today.
    edited January 2010
    If anyone has a spare code they want to share you know where to PM me, otherwise I'm apparently being punished for having moved out of CA years ago.
    edited January 2010
    Not really. Wait do you count the coming soon list for gamestop as advertising? (BTW its not cryptic handing the euro market)

It isn't Cryptic handling ANY market. That is totally Atari's job.
    edited January 2010
    Varrangian wrote: »
    If anyone has a spare code they want to share you know where to PM me, otherwise I'm apparently being punished for having moved out of CA years ago.

Don't count on it. Everyone has already marked up the price to cost an arm on Ebay. No free code for you.
    edited January 2010
    wildcat84 wrote: »
    Nothing in the Eastern half of the United States? Where, like, most of the population is?

Del who? Where?
    edited January 2010
    Sabre9 wrote:
    Del who? Where?

I found out Florida is a Del Taco state. One store in the middle of BFE, unless you live in Orlando. Gosh it couldn't even have been on International Drive, I could have at least then justified the trip.
    edited January 2010
    Holy Geekdom, people--is a little shuttle pet that friggin' important? Seriously? Wow.
    edited January 2010
    Esenjay wrote: »
    Holy Geekdom, people--is a little shuttle pet that friggin' important? Seriously? Wow.

IMO its one of those principle of the thing type matters. Offering an extremely limited portion of your population a promotional deal Such as this is just not cool.
    edited January 2010
    not only is the store chain only found in a small part of the world the website does not offer a way to get the codes via mail

next time choose a company that is at lest large enough that people at lest know what it is i had to look it up to find out there was even a restaurant called this

ether make a in game quest, a buy able item in game, or at a store that is nation wide

here is a better idea give a delta flier to people in game via a hard quest with equal or better stats via a HARD quest this gives us something to shoot for and is available to all people and not a small area of the world from a store chain that no one knows about
    edited January 2010
    citizen25 wrote: »
    here is a better idea give a delta flier to people in game via a hard quest with equal or better stats via a HARD quest

Er its a pet. There are no stats. Think action figures from Champions Online.

You can be sure there are going to be far more pets than a Type-8 shuttle available. Heck there are like 200 pets available in Champions so far.
    edited January 2010
    woo del taco code :D
    edited January 2010
    ......wow i would love to get that lil shuttle but wait IM IN NY!!! OH MY NO DEL TACOS HERE....why couldnt they do it with BK or McDonalds or EVEN taco bell?
    edited January 2010
    valashar wrote: »
    ......wow i would love to get that lil shuttle but wait IM IN NY!!! OH MY NO DEL TACOS HERE....why couldnt they do it with BK or McDonalds or EVEN taco bell?

Or hell, even Krispy Kreme. Everyone likes Krispy Kreme, right?
    edited January 2010
    Jees, coulda picked a world wide fast food chain, like I dunno McDonalds?
    edited January 2010
    does the shuttle follow you around and shoot at enemies a little bit?
    man this game is like the king of inventing ridiculous marketing strategies, it would work if this was like I dunno Mc donalds world wide.
    edited January 2010
    I really hope that STO will do things like this in other countrys and not just all for the US...........

It seems a lot of MMO's are getting like this nowadays.:mad:
    edited January 2010
    I have some codes that I don't mind giving out. After giving one to Varrangian I will have one left. As I get more I will update this thread. So first person to PM gets a code.
    edited January 2010
    numberguy wrote: »
    I really hope that STO will do things like this in other countrys and not just all for the US...........

It seems a lot of MMO's are getting like this nowadays.:mad:

Yeah, this "new" era of full premium subscription prices AND RMT cash shops can't end fast enough.

I also hated having to buy two preorders to get the stuff I wanted (TOS Constitution and uniforms).
    edited January 2010
    Maybe for the next corporate promotion deal they can give away C-Store points on Faygo bottle caps like Apple did for iTunes with Pepsi a few years back.
    edited January 2010
    I hope these pets can be collected by other means, because not everyone lives in USA.
    edited January 2010
    Woot, codes for 50% of the country and none for the rest of the world! Whoever is in charge of marketing needs to be fired... or written up... or tied to a chair while a horde of chimps throw toy tribbles (amongst other things) at them.

Why not pick a larger chain? Everybody knows that Taco Bell will be the only survivor of the Franchise Wars. I just hope my new cruiser doesn't have 3 sea shells I have to figure out how to use.
    edited January 2010
    Maybe for the next corporate promotion deal they can give away C-Store points on Faygo bottle caps like Apple did for iTunes with Pepsi a few years back.

Or better yet, do this on a regional soft drink like Ale8One, which is produced here in Kentucky.

http://ale8one.com/history
    edited January 2010
    wildcat84 wrote: »
    Or better yet, do this on a regional soft drink like Ale8One, which is produced here in Kentucky.

http://ale8one.com/history

I picked Faygo because it's as rare west of the Mississippi as Del Taco is on the east.
    edited January 2010
    it will be alright guys i bet every perk we've all been promised for preordering the game will be available to everyone eventually as we become higher ups in the game and they become meaningless. i hope the nx designation stays with the atari preorders only though. it makes me feel special. as for del taco well come on guys. california has a hard reputation to live up to and their reasons for being special are growing thinner each year. give em a shuttle now. you saw the videos. we'll all launch shuttles at some point in the game. besides sanfran is starfleet headquarters right?
    edited January 2010
    I picked Faygo because it's as rare west of the Mississippi as Del Taco is on the east.

Yeah, Faygo is common in the South. Love their red pop, though Big Red is the best in that category.