test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Enemy (NPC) ships getting Stuck in Objects

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
edited January 2010 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I've noticed that if an enemy (computer-controlled) ship strays too close to an object, such as an asteroid, satellite, etc, the ship has a tendency to get stuck there. When the ship is stuck in an object, players can target the ship, but cannot fire at the ship (unless they move into a very specific, very narrow arc). However, the enemy ship can still fire at player ships.

I've noticed this in several different missions, the most recent is "Hide and Seek" (Federation mission).
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    rowell wrote: »
    I've noticed that if an enemy (computer-controlled) ship strays too close to an object, such as an asteroid, satellite, etc, the ship has a tendency to get stuck there. When the ship is stuck in an object, players can target the ship, but cannot fire at the ship (unless they move into a very specific, very narrow arc). However, the enemy ship can still fire at player ships.

I've noticed this in several different missions, the most recent is "Hide and Seek" (Federation mission).

I too have had this happen, most notably in the Patrol Kassae missions. And it seems that asteroids break Line of Sight for players, but not NPCs. So when they get stuck, they can continue to shoot at me, but I can't return fire.
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I have to bump into the N.P.C. vessel so that I can aquire them to fire on them. After that the N.P.C. vessels are free and move The N.P.C. vessels can track and fire through solid object but I can not.