test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

a way to change our @Globalhandle?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,018 Arc User
I recently learned that with STO as is in Champions our forum names end as our Chat Handles at the end of character names like @GlobalHandle. I'm hoping Cryptic has a way to change this or at least will be adding a way? Because I certainly don't want to be known in Game as @Wolfgar83 and I'm sure a lot of other people have similar issues with their @names.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    You will need to contact support (once the ticket system is online).
    edited January 2010
    coderanger wrote:
    You will need to contact support (once the ticket system is online).

I tried contacting support using the beta email to get this changed and got no response... Would that department deal with those issues?
    edited January 2010
    wrote:
    I tried contacting support using the beta email to get this changed and got no response... Would that department deal with those issues?
    A billing ticket would be the way to go, but you will need to wait until later tonight when then part of the website comes online (http://startrekonline.com/support/billing).
    edited January 2010
    coderanger wrote:
    A billing ticket would be the way to go, but you will need to wait until later tonight when then part of the website comes online (http://startrekonline.com/support/billing).

Sorry in advance for so many questions, Do you have any estimate on what time that part of the site will come up?
    edited January 2010
    Paynegiver wrote: »
    Sorry in advance for so many questions, Do you have any estimate on what time that part of the site will come up?

This. Very Much this.

I really would like to get a different name set up to use as my @Chathandle so finding out when this part of the website becomes available exactly (or in estimate) would be great.
    edited January 2010
    wrote:
    Some time tonight, I don't specifically.
    edited January 2010
    coderanger wrote:
    Some time tonight, I don't specifically.
    StormShade wrote:
    Hi everyone,

On Tuesday, February 2nd, we will be archiving these forums, and starting over with a fresh slate for launch!

What does this mean?
    1. Any posts and threads more than one year old will be being removed.
    2. All the posts you know and love will still exist and be searched for if they are less than one year old.
    3. We will have several new sections on the forums for support, feedback, and discussion. These will be available tomorrow.
    4. Only people who have an active Star Trek Online Subscription will be able to post.
    5. People without active subscriptions will still be able to post in our support forums, in order to receive help with getting started in Star Trek Online.

So, if you have something you wish to carry over, please save a copy of it now.

Thank you,

Stormshade

UPDATE: We'll be bringing the forums down at 9:30 a.m. PST to enact these changes. We expect them to be back up by 10:00 a.m. PST.
    My best guess would be this..Except its tomorrow instead of Feb 2nd.
    edited January 2010
    Will changing the forum name so we have a different @chathandle effect us getting the Special Envoy title if your account has been around long enough for it?