test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New MMORPG Blog Available

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Over on our Star Trek Online blog at MMORPG.com, we're featuring a new article written by yours truly. I speak about life as a Cryptic newbie - a bit about joining the STO community as it's already chock full o' people and getting into game development for the first time. Give it a read at MMORPG.com.

Link to the news article.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    Sounds like a dream job im jealous !!!
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    You acquitted yourself well... The culture you have in that office is admirable.

I have often said.. if you go into the business see what they supply their own staff V Visitors or Clients.

That tells one a lot about whom you are dealing with. Short of a Shiatsu Chair in ones cubicle..

Hope to hear more office exploits..

Sounds like your staff has grown into Famous Amos Range of Cookie needs..

Awen must now have to lock her supply up..?

Best of All Worlds to the Cryptic Lair Dwellers...

SB
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    RIght on. More resources the better
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    STO wrote: »
    Sounds like a dream job im jealous !!!

//signed :)
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I like these kinds of things. It gives me more ways to stalk developers for my soup.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    After reading this article, I can't help but wonder if in STO there will also be "creditors" chasing after you as in RL.

Live Long and Prosper
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Nice I guess, good to read about how enthusiastic the staff is, hope that translates into an epic MMO.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    There’s free food and coffee and Star Trek episode screenings, and it’s awesome.

I need an job at cryptic ;)

Youre a lucky Guy Rehkan. I dont think that many people will get an job offer from cryptic!
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    I think it will be epic, especially with the way they're involving the community. All the info, videos and screenshots suggests it will please all sorts of fans and gamers alike
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Cool. Good for this guy.

I used to think working for a game company would be a dream job. But now, I waver on whether it would be good to test video games for a living. I test network and CPOE software now, and play games with much of my free time. So my hobby would become my job. No matter how much I love a game, I'm not sure I would want to have to test it 40+ hours/week. Pluys, sometimes they wouldn't be games you are into.

On the flip side, the technology of making a game, and the fact you get an end product that gives a lot of people enjoyment would make it attractive. Plus there is a lot of things to poke at and run experiments on in a game, which is what makes it interesting for me. Testing network products you don't get a lot of feedback from your customers when it all works great and they rarely love using it, no matter how good it is. They mostly just want it to work reliably.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Definitely consider me jealous as well, because reading this article definitely makes me want to work at Cryptic Studios as well. It's good to know a little bit more about the process involved in making the game, especially from this perspective. Thanks for writing and posting this insightful article -- it was a great read!
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Btw When is the game suppose to be out?? I been looking for it since this website came online...