test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DOUBLE XP WEEK!

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,329 Community Moderator
edited March 24 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Captains on PC can enjoy double the experience this week!

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11565273
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    Somehow I'm having my doubts as to whether the bonuses are applying.

Yesterday and today, I've been playing the The Ninth Rule patrol to level a toon and I'm only increasing like two, maybe 2,5 levels at a time. Which is hardly more than outside of events.

I was also mastery levelling a ship on another toon in a Borg Red Alert. I fought and destroyed three groups by myself and then fired enough on the end boss group to get rewards for all of those enemies, except for one of the regeneration probes.

The ship had zero mastery XP before joining the mission and I was halfway to level 2 (i.e., at level 1.5) after that. Normally, 1 very succesful RA (like the one described) during an XP boost event should have brought me well into the third or fourth tier. I remember this from last time we had the two coinciding.

It might just be my impression, but it doesn't seem like the bonuses are working.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    splattysplatty Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    It might just be my impression, but it doesn't seem like the bonuses are working.

Instead of using your impression or feelings, look at the actual XP numbers. For me, the double XP is working as intended.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    splatty wrote: »

Instead of using your impression or feelings, look at the actual XP numbers. For me, the double XP is working as intended.

I don't usually write down every bit of XP I collect. Which is why I can only work with impressions, and proxies like tiers of mastery unlocked per mission. I'm seeing a big difference there compared with earlier Bonus XP event and RA combinations.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
This discussion has been closed.