test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Requesting Space & Ground "Test Dummy" Patrols On Live

spencerb96spencerb96 Member Posts: 243 Media Corps
Hello,

To keep it simple, the Tribble Test Map has not been working now since September (no Test Dummies available), but even when it was working it had issues preventing it from being brought to the live server. This means few ever had access to it, and console players had no access at all.

As such, my request is:

One Ground patrol, and one Space patrol that both have static unkillable test dummies scattered about with engines/mobility disabled.

For the space map:

Enemies spread 10km+ apart.
  • Groups of 1 and 5 Test Dummies that have engines, shields, and weapons disabled.
  • Groups of 1 and 5 Test Dummies that have engines and weapons disabled. Shields enabled.
  • A Test Dummy that has engines disabled. Weapons and Shields Enabled. Have it set to do a static amount of Damage Per second for folks wanting to test their tanks. Perhaps ~20-25k DPS? Similar to what a tank in Hive Elite would encounter.
  • 4 more test Dummies with shields, weapons, and engines disabled that are locked at certain HP levels. Like 10%, 25%, 50%, 75%.

All in all, for the Space map that's 17 total enemies. Can just repeat that setup for ground just with either the damage dealing test dummy removed or massively scaled down.

Map wise, be a good opportunity to insert any maps yall are proud of that players don't see a ton.

Fixing the original test map would be great, but the impression I have from prior Dev comments is that it likely will never make it to the live server due to performance issues caused by the parser it has baked into it. As such, I believe some new patrols structured like this would be great for the playerbase.

Having a static test map for space and ground that is available to everyone would be quite beneficial for those wanting to have a consistent environment to test builds or abilities. TFOs like Infected are too inconsistent with the team composition, and the Jupiter Gauntlet patrol lacks consistency due to randomized enemies.

Hopefully this idea reaches the folks it needs to. Would love to have a way to consistently and accurately test things!
ffluoti63bi9.png
Tagged:

Comments