test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

HOLD THE LINE AT PAHVO!

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,337 Community Moderator
Return to the Defense of Pahvo, and begin a new Event Campaign that will grant you ALL of the rewards!

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11563353
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    Proton omni? That strikes me as a very odd choice, considering how few things boost proton damage. More to the point, I don't think enough proton weapons exist in the game to make a full build--unless I'm missing something, the only other shipboard proton weapons are, what, the one built into the Dyson ships and maybe a single rep weapon?

Don't get me wrong, I find this event very interesting, especially with the changes to the Event Campaign. But proton? Really scratching my head at that one.
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited February 9
    :( overlapping events AGAIN soo disruptive.
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • Options
    n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    fricken awesome. I need lobi, but I always want new ships. This is great
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,665 Arc User
    :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,988 Arc User
    I've always enjoyed defending Pahvo. The ground version is just like going for a jog in the park, with a phaser rifle ✅

And then there's the proton weapon reward. I've been waiting for this for a long time ✅

And then there's the new event campaign triple reward. That amazing ✅
  • Options
    novapolaris#2925 novapolaris Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited February 8
    I am REALLY excited for the new space gear set! Thank you so much for finally making more proton weapons, Cryptic! <3

And the ground TFO is fun.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,014 Arc User
    edited February 8
    So many good things in this one post:
    • Defending Pahvo - always a fun Event!
    • Space Set reward - It's quite surprising to get a set for a 3-week event.
      Not that I'm complaining, it's always nice to get gear that forms a set.
      (I'm looking at those Alliance ship consoles and the Fek'Ihri ship consoles...)
    • Proton damage - finally, more proton-based weaponry which might see an increase in use of the Dyson Sphere Reputation rewards.
      (Dare I hope that T6 versions of the Dyson Science Destroyers might make an appearance this year?)
    • Omnidirectional Pahvan Proton Beam - nice to see that it's going to act like a turret too.
      I'm always saddened when we get a set that comes with just a turret or beam and not an option to use the other.
      (I'm looking at you, Nausicaan Disruptor set - where's the dual-cannons option?)
    • Six-Part Event Campaign - clearly indicating just how far in advance this game is being planned!
    • Event Campaign giving all three rewards - Dayum! This is just fabulous! Thank you!
      (Excessive exclamation mark usage is intended! See? There's another one, and here's another to finish the sentence!)

Alas, the only downside I can see to this post is the "Bonus Reward" section referencing the 'Borg Resurgence' event - a minor error that's oh so easily corrected. Just ask Henry Kim! :D
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I missed the last campaign event, only got partway through before I ended up in hospital for two and half weeks. Then I was off the game till the Anniversary cause I just didn't have the energy.

Can't wait to get this done, I was wondering when they'd get some more proton stuff. I do have one Dyson ship on a character, might look into integrating this set in it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,797 Arc User
    Proton omni? That strikes me as a very odd choice, considering how few things boost proton damage. More to the point, I don't think enough proton weapons exist in the game to make a full build--unless I'm missing something, the only other shipboard proton weapons are, what, the one built into the Dyson ships and maybe a single rep weapon?

Don't get me wrong, I find this event very interesting, especially with the changes to the Event Campaign. But proton? Really scratching my head at that one.

Well, the release of this set will help solving that issue of course.

IIRC, they did say in one of the Ten Forward sessions that they wanted to do more with this weapon type. This might just be the first thing we're going to see in the (near) future.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,515 Arc User
    Nice, nice, and nice. Fun events, renewing Proton support with the new set, and woohoo! on the campaign triple reward.

• Options
    husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,593 Arc User

Your weapon types don't always have to match.
    I'm interested. A omni beam that can use Scatter? Sounds good. It does proton... ok gives me an excuse to use the Experimental proton weapon again.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Finally more proton weapons pig-1.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    finsches123finsches123 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    Do you think the Proton Omni will be like the KCB and not count against the omni equip limit? I sure hope so.
    I'm also happy I kept several Dyson tac consoles with relevant bonuses, like phaser and disruptor. You can never know, they might become useful one day! B)
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Awesome!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    mariqa#4594 mariqa Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Excellent, finally more proton weapons and another 'starter' set too.
    Did note that the Campaign is SIX events this year not five, so doing more for more.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,797 Arc User
    Did note that the Campaign is SIX events this year not five, so doing more for more.

I think it makes sense they did it. Many players had already obtained their big prize well before the last event was even running.

Which basically meant that they could just ignore that one, but only if they weren't interested in that smaller event's prize. If they were, they still had to do it, but without getting any extra progress for the big prize.

Now, those players will just have to play one more event to get the other two big prize options. For me, that would have been the 1500 lobi and a promo ship last year. And 1500 lobi and two C-store ships the years before.

1 or 2 ships AND 1500 lobi to get traits, consoles and the like on 7 or 8 toons? And all that for just one or two weeks of playing an event that I likely would have played anyway? Now that's a sweet deal, if you ask me.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,665 Arc User

I think it makes sense they did it. Many players had already obtained their big prize well before the last event was even running.

Which basically meant that they could just ignore that one, but only if they weren't interested in that smaller event's prize. If they were, they still had to do it, but without getting any extra progress for the big prize.

Now, those players will just have to play one more event to get the other two big prize options. For me, that would have been the 1500 lobi and a promo ship last year. And 1500 lobi and two C-store ships the years before.

1 or 2 ships AND 1500 lobi to get traits, consoles and the like on 7 or 8 toons? And all that for just one or two weeks of playing an event that I likely would have played anyway? Now that's a sweet deal, if you ask me.

B)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    edited February 11
    Really surprised there's not a thread on this as far as I can see . To summarise:

- 6 events rather than 5 across the year
    - Starts on Thursday (15th Feb) with a Pahvo-themed event
    - Campaign Reward is a T6 Premium Ship AND 1500 Lobi AND 2xT6 Zen Store Coupons

Not sure yet what the progress target will be or how many of the events you'll need to hit to get there, but if those rewards don't get people playing I have no idea what would.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,337 Community Moderator
    edited February 11
    steaen wrote: »
    Really surprised there's not a thread on this as far as I can see . To summarise:

Not sure yet what the progress target will be or how many of the events you'll need to hit to get there, but if those rewards don't get people playing I have no idea what would.

The thread is here. 🙄 Thread /moved and /merged
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    steaensteaen Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    > @baddmoonrizin said:
    > The thread is here. 🙄 Thread /moved and /merged

Silly me, thinking a general discussion about the Event Campaign belonged in the General Discussion forum.
  • Options
    p331p331 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited February 12
    steaen wrote: »

The overall event campaign progress most likely will be 4200. Six events requiring 700 progress points each. So if you managed to do 21 days of progress each event, you could have the campaign event prize by the end of the fourth event.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,014 Arc User
    The overall event campaign progress most likely will be 4200...
    Most likely, yes.
    There 's a problem with the buyout on events that sometimes leaves people short of the full amount of progress they should be getting. I recall a post where someone had 3491/3500 when they should have had the full 3500 due to the buyout.

I blame the arbitrarily chosen 50 points of progress when just 1 point would be fine.
    So, instead of 4200 points of full progress, I'd like to see it done properly as 1 point per day for 84 points total.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    Seriously, pahvo again?
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Seriously, pahvo again?

It's been more than a year since the last time we ran Pahvo.
    https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11522073
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
This discussion has been closed.