test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't complete Omega Molecule Stabilization (Daily 2024) on KDF characters

jalready8jalready8 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
Mission only gives 2 omega sites. The 3rd site (Drozana) is missing. Mission cannot be completed.

Comments

• dsosebeedsosebee Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Same problem here on my KDF character - all non-KDF characters so far seem to be working properly
  • jalready8 wrote: »
    Mission only gives 2 omega sites. The 3rd site (Drozana) is missing. Mission cannot be completed.

Does seem to be the case.
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Has there been any word from the devs on this? So far, the post here is the only mention I've seen.
    edited January 25
    Has there been any official word on when there will be a way to run the Omega mission other than "make a FED character"? I'm having a heck of a time finding out whether Cryptic even knows there is a problem. Thanks.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • mariqa#4594 mariqa Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 24
    Yep, Drozana not appearing in the list for KDF characters in the 12:00 -16:00 UTC rotation of sites.
    tagen wrote: »
    Has there been any word from the devs on this? So far, the post here is the only mention I've seen.
    Probably only just about. First report here was just about you'd expect them to finish and they are probably only really jsut starting to get back in. The joys of Cryptic being on the Pacific Coast.

Then again there has been an issue affecting KDF characters on getting credit in one of the Defera location zones (the one that is top left on the map) for the Red Omega that has been known about for years so will need to see.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    Omega mission? Could you provide some more information please?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jalready8jalready8 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    They just fixed it. Getting 3 sites now. KDF side.
    edited January 25
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Omega mission? Could you provide some more information please?

The Omega Molecule Stabilization mission for the anniversary event. On the KDF side there are some "sets" of locations that are broken and the mission only lists 2 instead of the normal 3. If you pick up this version of the mission, it can not be completed.

I have only seen this on the KDF side so far. Both last night and this morning.

Also, about an hour and a half ago (11am Eastern U.S.), the set of locations changed and then the mission was giving 3 as it normally would.

Unless something is fixed, I would guess that if the broken set of locations rolls around again, we will have the same problem where anyone picking it up at that time will be unable to complete it.

Adding: I checked the 11pm and 3am sets, both "bad" with only 2 locations.
    Post edited by tagen on
    jalready8 wrote: »

I would not count on it being fixed just yet. The list of sites changed over, so the current list is ok, but it might have a bad one again next change.
    edited January 25

I would not count on it being fixed just yet. The list of sites changed over, so the current list is ok, but it might have a bad one again next change.

As expected, the list just changed about 18 minutes ago and the current one has only 2 sites. We can hope the next one (in 4 hours I believe) will have 3 again so people on KDF can complete it.
  • hetairai#8501 hetairai Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I came here because I'm experiencing the very same thing.
  • jfreedjfreed Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I too, am only getting 2 locations for my KDF character
  • wodenazwodenaz Member Posts: 103 Arc User

As expected, the list just changed about 18 minutes ago and the current one has only 2 sites. We can hope the next one (in 4 hours I believe) will have 3 again so people on KDF can complete it.

Yep it looks like its not fixed and it must be due to klings not being able to go to Wolf 359 at the moment.
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited January 25
    wodenaz wrote: »

Yep it looks like its not fixed and it must be due to klings not being able to go to Wolf 359 at the moment.

i doubt that's it, it'd still show on the list, it just would be incompletable. i seem to remember this happening in the past as well. my guess is one of the planets they have to do it on is no longer available, so the quest tries to show a "collect particles on ERROR_invalid_map" and it gets auto removed, or alternatively there's a typo in the code for the third entry so when it tries to add it, it sees it's broken and auto-removes it rather than crashing the game.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
    I came here because I'm experiencing the very same thing.
    jfreed wrote: »
    I too, am only getting 2 locations for my KDF character

And it is still broken with the 7am (Eastern U.S.) set of locations. I'll check again after the maintenance, but the patch notes don't even mention this as a known issue.

For a problem with an active event that is 100% reproducible by every player on the KDF side, Cryptic is being very silent on this.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    Sounds like bug to me, and this is not the correct forum. @darkbladejk
    Spock.jpg

edited January 25
    arrmateys wrote: »
    wodenaz wrote: »

i doubt that's it, it'd still show on the list, it just would be incompletable. i seem to remember this happening in the past as well. my guess is one of the planets they have to do it on is no longer available, so the quest tries to show a "collect particles on ERROR_invalid_map" and it gets auto removed, or alternatively there's a typo in the code for the third entry so when it tries to add it, it sees it's broken and auto-removes it rather than crashing the game.

I was hoping to find a list of the locations that were always given together in the past, but all I can find is a list of the color available at each location. I figured if it was always the same place missing, that would pinpoint the problem.

I don't remember Wolf 359 being something KDF had on the list (or access to?) in the past, so I did not think that would be it. New Romulus, on the other hand, I have not seen at all on the KDF side yet.
    edited January 25

It is a bug, it is in a post over there, and this was not started as a report of said bug, it was started to get any indication that Cryptic knows about it. Given the list of issues on today's patch notes, I would think the answer is 'no', so I would very much appreciate if this could stay here until that answer changes.

thank you
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,309 Community Moderator

It is a bug, it is in a post over there, and this was not started as a report of said bug, it was started to get any indication that Cryptic knows about it. Given the list of issues on today's patch notes, I would think the answer is 'no', so I would very much appreciate if this could stay here until that answer changes.

thank you

Sorry, you cannot dictate where certain posts/threads are to reside. The forum rules govern that. Bugs reports/discussion should go to the appropriate Bug Reports subforum. Please, follow forum rules and make your posts there. Cryptic is aware of this bug, though. And hey! If you really do want to make sure they know about a bug, the Bug Reports subforum is actually where they look for those, not General Discussion. Thank you for participating on the forum!

Thread /moved and /merged
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch

thank you

Sorry, you cannot dictate where certain posts/threads are to reside. The forum rules govern that. Bugs reports/discussion should go to the appropriate Bug Reports subforum. Please, follow forum rules and make your posts there. Cryptic is aware of this bug, though. And hey! If you really do want to make sure they know about a bug, the Bug Reports subforum is actually where they look for those, not General Discussion. Thank you for participating on the forum!

Thank you for so diligently following the rules.

If you could do me a favor, please pass along to the devs that we, as players, have no way to know whether *they* know about a bug if they don't say anything. And that a GREAT place for the communication to happen, if they or one of the mods can't respond directly, might be the "Known Issues" section of the patch notes.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,309 Community Moderator

thank you

Thank you for so diligently following the rules.

If you could do me a favor, please pass along to the devs that we, as players, have no way to know whether *they* know about a bug if they don't say anything. And that a GREAT place for the communication to happen, if they or one of the mods can't respond directly, might be the "Known Issues" section of the patch notes.

Your suggestion will be taken under advisement. Thank you.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    Still broken this morning and no mention of it in the patch notes unless it is somehow tied to the Wolf 359 thing (which would be strange, but such are the times in which we live).

I will check again after the patching.
    STILL broken.
    STILL not in the Known Issues list.
  • geeringgeering Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    My Klingon character started acting up yesterday with this problem. Tried the yellow omega anyway but it didn't recognize it. Dropped the mission reacquired it but still only two locations. Today after the reset still the same. My federation character gets three locations.
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    i cant finish the collect Omega Particles daily on kdf as it only shows you were 2 of the 3 Omega Particles are
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
    geering wrote: »
    My Klingon character started acting up yesterday with this problem. Tried the yellow omega anyway but it didn't recognize it. Dropped the mission reacquired it but still only two locations. Today after the reset still the same. My federation character gets three locations.

Until something is done about it, all you can do is wait for the next location cycle (I think maybe it is every 4 hours?) and hope you get 3. Otherwise, another wait.
  • mariqa#4594 mariqa Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    geering wrote: »

Until something is done about it, all you can do is wait for the next location cycle (I think maybe it is every 4 hours?) and hope you get 3. Otherwise, another wait.

Can also use a non KDF Character. Which I know defeats the point of using them and you have to use two anyway to complete the two progress.
  • wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    ive done a in-game bug report on this matter [Request Received]: 1018665: KDF Omega Stabilization daily, but had no answer so far 90% of the time they do answer me with in a day or two
    i suggest that everyone does the same then hopefully this wont be a other bug that they ignore
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    On KDF aligned alts, the Omega Daily frequently only shows 2 particles/locations, not three, so never completes.

Is there a workaround or is it simply not possible to do the Daily event progress doing Omega when it happens.
  • weirdordiewweirdordiew Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Bug is still present.
    Today got the bug with only 2 locations listed
    New Romulus (Space)
    Deep Space Nine (Space)