test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is there a forum discussion for trades and items people are willing to trade for?

onealfonealf Member Posts: 11 Arc User
I am asking if the forums have a dedicated area for items up for trade or in game sell for in game credits (to be specific not real money or zen). I am trying to get a ship that i have the wrong lock box reward for. I don't want to break any rules so I don't want to post here or spam in any hubs. If there isn't a forum area how do people trade items in the game? The ships on the exchange are ridiculously priced at over 5 billion so I am hoping to accomplish what I am trying to do by trade.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,603 Arc User
    edited January 28
    No, no trading allowed here.

There are trade channels in-game though I read that the big one is private and not accepting new members. There might be a Discord. There is a Reddit group - https://www.reddit.com/r/STOTrades/

Ships in the exchange are priced at what people are willing to pay, so you might not find anyone willing to sell for less than market price.

Remember that it takes on average of 100 promo packs or 250 lock box keys to get 1 ship. Keep the zen cost of that in mind when thinking about what is a "fair" price and what is "gouging."
  • onealfonealf Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Thank you for the help I will look at the places you mentioned. Also thank you for the tip about prices that is very helpful.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,733 Community Moderator
    As stated, trading/selling is not allowed on the forum. /thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.