test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Handle name / Arc name change option?

broomallb#6016 broomallb Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Can we get an option to change our in-game STO @ handle? I submitted a ticket, and they asked me to post here.

In addition, I can't change my Arc name either.

If there's a limitation, can't they add more numbers after the # ?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,328 Community Moderator
    I'm not sure why they would tell you to post here. First, they usually do that meaning for you to post in the Bug Reports subforum about bugs. Second, this isn't a bug, so the devs don't have anything to fix. Handle changes, if they are done, would normally be handled by Customer Service, because that's an account level thing. They don't have access to the forum, so no one can help you here. Sorry. 🤷🏼‍♀️
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    I've got myself an in-game @handle which includes a series of letters that has since become to mean something else in game. I get teased by a couple of players on occasion... I've been playing the game for so long, that my @handle was invented before the acronym was, but it matters not... I wouldn't want to change it since so many in-game players recognize it... I live with it ...

:)
    CRM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I'm not sure why they would tell you to post here. First, they usually do that meaning for you to post in the Bug Reports subforum about bugs. Second, this isn't a bug, so the devs don't have anything to fix. Handle changes, if they are done, would normally be handled by Customer Service, because that's an account level thing. They don't have access to the forum, so no one can help you here. Sorry. 🤷🏼‍♀️

When you write something to CS - anything - you get a standard email back which includes a part about "posting in the official game forums". While it might have been intented for bug reports, they don't take this part out for other issues. Over the years I have seen OPs question posted so many times on the forums because of that.
    Can we get an option to change our in-game STO @ handle? I submitted a ticket, and they asked me to post here.

In addition, I can't change my Arc name either.

If there's a limitation, can't they add more numbers after the # ?

Last time I checked - which was a couple of years ago but I don't think anything changed - @handles cannot be changed unless the one you currently have is caught by the profanity filters. In that case you get auto-renamed to "badname#123456" and then CS will change the handle to something else. So they technically can but won't do it except for that specific case.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
This discussion has been closed.