test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

UPGRADE YOUR SHIP EVEN FURTHER!

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,348 Community Moderator
The Experimental Ship Upgrade path is opening even further. Apply more tokens to your ships, and get even more device, console, and trait slots - live soon on console!

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11556343
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    sadrielfettsadrielfett Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    I think it's kind of shady that for one Starship Upgrade Token you can get:

1 Device Slot
    1 Universal Console Slot
    1 Starship Trait Slot

However, to get the EXACT SAME THING again, you then have to burn TWO Starship Upgrade Tokens.
    It should cost ONE upgrade token for each, if you're just getting the exact same thing. If they threw in something extra that would justify a third token, I could see it. But not for the exact same items.

Seems like a pretty lame cash grab.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    --Sadriel Fett

"There are few problems in the galaxy that cannot be solved by the suitable application of concentrated phaser fire."
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,038 Arc User
    I think it's kind of shady that for one Starship Upgrade Token you can get:

1 Device Slot
    1 Universal Console Slot
    1 Starship Trait Slot

However, to get the EXACT SAME THING again, you then have to burn TWO Starship Upgrade Tokens.
    In almost all MMO's games like Star Trek Online, further power unlocks almost always cost more resources. I see no reason why Star Trek Online should be any different.

Firstly, using a T6-X token will allow you to unlock a Device slot, Universal Console slot and a Trait slot.
    The second set of two T6-X tokens unlocks a second extra device slot, a second extra console slot and a second extra Trait slot -- not entirely the same.

Secondly, it's the same in almost all other MMO's out there that further unlocks tend to cost more.
    • In Runes of Magic, each successive rune slot costs more than the previous.
    • In Rift, each successive backpack slot costs more than the previous.
    • In STO, each successive T6-X upgrade costs more than the previous.
    This is just the way MMO games work - they can't be free-to-play without getting money somehow.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    sadrielfettsadrielfett Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited October 2023

Firstly, using a T6-X token will allow you to unlock a Device slot, Universal Console slot and a Trait slot.
    The second set of two T6-X tokens unlocks a second extra device slot, a second extra console slot and a second extra Trait slot -- not entirely the same.

Not entirely the same? So, for two more Upgrade tokens I'm not getting a device slot, a console slot, and a Starship Trait slot?

They're still exactly the same thing. Throwing the word "second" in front of it doesn't change what they are.

Here, I'm going to give you, one apple, one orange, and one banana for one Fruit Token. However, after that, I'm going to charge you two Fruit Tokens for the exact same items.

If they're going to charge you extra because "thats the way MMO's work," then fine. Play that card. But don't try and tell us it's not entirely the same, when we're getting the "exact same" item unlocks as before, just for more money.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    --Sadriel Fett

"There are few problems in the galaxy that cannot be solved by the suitable application of concentrated phaser fire."
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,348 Community Moderator
    Calm down.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.