test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Romulus cutscene, Make it skippable please.

lazybunnykiera#9316 lazybunnykiera Member Posts: 40 Arc User
edited October 2023 in Romulan Discussion
I know this has been like this for a long time, but I'd like for a dev to go into the game sdk and check the box for the New Romulus public ground area to have a skippable cutscene. The cutscene is like, 3-5 minutes and can't be skipped.

I get that having you watch it once for story reasons, but it should make an account wide flag that says you've watched this before and it can now be skipped.

Why is this an issue? Because it'll sometimes play on characters that have already been to new romulus and went through the cutscene before. I have a romulan character that has probably seen that exact cutscene 5 or 6 times now. So this is also a bug report.

All cutscenes longer than 10 seconds should be skippable unless they're used for background loading. I know some do that.

You can't even exit the game when an unskippable cutscene is playing unless you alt+f4.
Post edited by darkbladejk on

Comments

• Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    I know this will get this post necro'ed. But YES, we need the option to skip the beam in cutscene. It's way too long to have to sit through on every character you create. I could understand if the game needed the time of load resources, but it doesn't.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    /necro
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.