test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Vanity Shields would probably sell better (dili and exch) if there was a preview function!

davideightdavideight Member Posts: 458 Arc User
edited October 2023 in The Art of Star Trek Online
no further explaination needed i guess ...

esp since alien ships react quite differently and atypical to them sometimes.

(vulgar/objectionable material redacted) - darkbladejk
Post edited by darkbladejk on

Comments

• Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    I fully second that. I don't like gambling my Dil onto something that I'm not even sure will look remotely good on my ship.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,015 Arc User
    edited October 2023
    A preview would indeed be useful, but until we ever get one, the vast amount of Screenshots over on the STOwiki is our best stop.
    The ship we want to check might not be among the screenshots, but there's usually one that's close enough we can get a good idea of what our ship would look like!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    A preview would indeed be useful, but until we ever get one, the vast amount of Screenshots over on the STOwiki is our best stop.
    The ship we want to check might not be among the screenshots, but there's usually one that's close enough we can get a good idea of what our ship would look like!

yep unfortunetely especially "alien" ships are hardly found, since the rarity of boxships and someone having the shield i maybe want plus them offering a picture on the internet ;-)

the other solution could be make them bind on account so i can at least try them out on other ships if they dont match - but i see that this would "hurt" sales n sinks
  • Options
    eazzie wrote: »

they look/behave very differently depending on ship. the classification of design element (material, window, nacelle) is quite wild on some vanity shields or ships.

so its a gamble alltogether still.

a shield can look great on the oddy but utter TRIBBLE on the sovy
  • Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User

True, however this is indeed a very limited option in terms of usefulness, given the sheer amount of ships.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,638 Arc User
    davideight wrote: »

yep unfortunetely especially "alien" ships are hardly found, since the rarity of boxships and someone having the shield i maybe want plus them offering a picture on the internet ;-)

the other solution could be make them bind on account so i can at least try them out on other ships if they dont match - but i see that this would "hurt" sales n sinks

Do note that the Dilithium event ones are Account Bound when picked up. That's what sets them apart from the Lockbox/Exchange of the same type (those Bind to Character on Equip).