test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

HEADS UP BOFF COMMISSIONING IS GLITCHED

annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
I added a ticket and did a bug report in the other section, but posting here as a warning since it gets the most traffic. I tried to commission a tac boff and julian bashir both glitched said invalid entity, are gone from the candidate list and not added to the BOFF roster.
We Want Vic Fontaine
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    Yikes, thanks for the warning. Mods please leave this here since many of us only go to the bugs subforums to report bugs, not to learn about them before they bite us.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    @annemarie30 Can you PM the ticket number for your report? I've let some folks know about your boff issue and want to hand them your ticket number so some additional folks can look at it. They'll get you sorted, just a matter of when.

Also if anyone else has this issue, please file a ticket with CS and let them know what's up.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    Also as a followup, did the boffs ever appear after you've logged out and back in?
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    I just did log into that character. Yes, they appeared. odd coincident that windows did an update. i wonder if there was some sort of caching glitch.
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    I've noticed this issue also occurs if you commission a starship(from the C-Store/Event Boxes, etc.) while interacting with a Starship Selector NPC. The ship pop-up comes up as an invalid entity and won't appear in your roster until you zone-change.

I presume they're related.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    edited October 2023
    szerontzur wrote: »
    I've noticed this issue also occurs if you commission a starship(from the C-Store/Event Boxes, etc.) while interacting with a Starship Selector NPC. The ship pop-up comes up as an invalid entity and won't appear in your roster until you zone-change.

I presume they're related.
    I can confirm this one did happen to me, as well, on 2 random occasions.

EDIT: Just happened when trying to pull a ship out of dry dock.
    Post edited by saurializard on
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
This discussion has been closed.