test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gravity Kills vs. AFK Penalty Algorithm

I hate to whine about an AFK penalty... but... I want to whine about an AFK penalty. Specifically, in the Gravity Kills TFO, if a player concentrates on gathering particles and doesn't engage the Tzenkethi, it's evidently possible for them to get hit with a 30-minute AFK penalty. (Where, by "evidently possible," I mean, "this just happened to me.") Since the whole point of the TFO is to gather the particles and avoid unnecessary combat with the Tzenkethi, this seems .... wrong-headed.

It might be worth a little dev time to fine tune the AFK penalty algorithm for this TFO... it would help a lot if it took # of particles delivered to the Jupiter into account.

Comments

• Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    I would edit your post. Whinging and whining posts are frowned upon. As are doom threads. You can make your point without the whining. As for your comment on the AFK penalty in gravity kills, that would be the same penalty for every TFO. there is not different ones for different TFO's. As long as you engage in combat returning particles and do the required minimum about of damage you should be ok.