test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Doff changes?

jasonb#9493 jasonb Member Posts: 8 Arc User
I have noticed that a lot of my Doff assignments are now showing higher failure and disaster results, even with very rare or higher Doffs. Has there been some change to this system and where do I find that information? I've looked in patch notes and not seen anything related. Am I missing something or is this just a developers attempt to force players to purchase Zen store Doffs?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    RNG is RNG, so you'll have streaks of good luck and bad.
  • Options
    jasonb#9493 jasonb Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    thanks, i've never noticed it before or seemed to have this issue, thought it might have been some kind of update to the Doff system.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited July 2023
    Not seeing anything up either, remember that with probabilities the average expected outcome is not the only one you'll observe in real practice. There are no guarantees, only broad tendencies that play out over long periods of time and populations.

Ie. you can absolutely have terrible runs of luck and that's completely normal. Such events are just at the tail end of the probability distribution.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    knightmare#8708 knightmare Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    I have a 100% failure rate on any Admiralty mission that has a success chance of 99%. When it comes to Doffs anything above a 20% change of failure has a 95% chance of failure every time. E.G. 20 Doff missions all with a 20% or less chance of failure then 19 of those missions will fail no matter what doffs I have in there. I have the worst luck of all. I was even hit with the 100% chance of success always failing bug a couple of years back where every Doff mission even at 100% success, would fail, I got so depressed during that time, knowing my luck was so bad there was a zero % chance of succeeding at anything I did. 😁
  • Options
    proteus#8097 proteus Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited July 2023
    With a Doff roster of around 30 Ultra Rares, 400 Very Rares and the rest a mixture of Rares, Uncommons, Commons and the odd Epic on most of my characters, when I run a full set of 23 Doff missions I mostly go with the autofill selections, apart from a few exceptions. I don't have the time or inclination to micromanage every mission. Upon returning to collect the rewards I'll usually get between one and three failures out of the 23. The rest being a mixture of successes and critical successes. Seems pretty reasonable to me and seldom do I see four or more failures in any one set.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,600 Arc User
    my doffs cannot do turbolift maintenance to safe their collective souls
    We Want Vic Fontaine
This discussion has been closed.