test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New LTS Reward - Portable Holo-Emitter?

torrynwoodsrunnertorrynwoodsrunner Member Posts: 28 Arc User
I was just messing around the other night, and chat discussion went to the fact that most of the Holo-BOFFS are equipped with mobile emitters. I thought it might be neat if LTS subscribers, who haven't really seen anything as far as expanding on why we bought the LTS in the first place, could get our own mobile emitter unlock for the tailor. It could even give you the little hologram refresh effect.

I know I'd make a Photonic character in a heartbeat if we had this available.

Just a thought...
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind seeing that. I've already been running a character as such, using the different costume slots as difference species of an EMH. Since they aren't cleared to do the playable Androids, it might be a nice alternative.
  • Options
    n0vastaronen0vastarone Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    would love to get some new lifetime rewards, feels like we've been forgotten about
    4h4uFix.pngJoin Date. Dec 2007
  • Options
    theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    would love to get some new lifetime rewards, feels like we've been forgotten about

I wouldn't say we've been forgotten about. I mean, I still get my automatic stipend every month.

You know what might be a nice Lifetime Subscriber perk though? The ability to purchase Bundle items separately.

I'm sure it'll never happen, but it might serve as another reason to spend hundreds of dollars on the Lifetime Sub.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    As much as new things would be great, I doubt LTS will get anything else

We can't even get a update to the decade+ old borg pieces that are blown out of the water by a lobi set obtainable by anyone
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,806 Arc User
    edited May 2023
    lianthelia wrote: »

We can't even get a update to the decade+ old borg pieces that are blown out of the water by a lobi set obtainable by anyone

It's not just the Lobi set. Seven's eyepiece (C-store unlock) was limited to females once, now males can use them too. So anyone can look like a liberated Borg now and it only costs like 550 Zen.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    Giving lifers a few new benefits - especially after removing/making less unique some of the existing ones - would be a good idea.

And they should be noticable while playing the game. Extra inventory slots (update a couple of months ago) are nice, but don't really have much to do with actual gameplay. (New) Unique uniforms can be interesting, but are ultimately not that special when there are so many in the game and new ones get released every now and then.

Lifers should get something that's noticable while playing and unique too. A holo-refresh effect especially is an interesting idea in that regard.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    I would also like to suggest to remove the Android Boff limit. I don't see why we should only be allowed to have one on each character, especially now that so many other special Boffs have been released - including Android Boffs at K-13 - and other purchased Boffs like Caitians were made reclaimable.

• Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,871 Arc User
    edited May 2023
    lianthelia wrote: »

Kael's mentioned discussions about adding to LTS variously on Ten Forward but I'm not sure a mobile emitter would be part of those discussions...

Broadly it's a stealth way to add photonics as a species options (which is going to get yay/nayed on principle first and foremost and whether CBS wants synth players running around in STO. So far they've been resistant. See. android limitations). I'd like the species option on the principle of "more character creation options = yay" but as is you can get around the problem by using the miscellaneous arm attachments from the old kit frames and headcanoning you're photonic (there's a few that can serve as a "beefy" mobile emitter plus arm band).

Imagination (and alien-gen) is a powerful tool that covers most of these requests. ;)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
This discussion has been closed.