test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

MAKE IT SO, ALL OVER AGAIN

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,343 Community Moderator
In celebration of the latest episode of Star Trek: Picard, the Picard Bundle is 35% off for an entire week on all platforms!

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11541933
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    r3dp4nda#0518 r3dp4nda Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    When the Tommy Gun is account wide, I'll think about it.
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 661 Arc User
    paultrusty wrote: »
    When the Tommy Gun is account wide, I'll think about it.

Yeah, MAYBE if the tommy gun and Privateer Outfit were account wide it would be worth the 35% off price.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    it was 50% off the first time it was introduced. this bundle was b4 Mudd Shop and at 35% off now, it is over priced. Should move it over to Mudd Shop and have it take part when its 50% off for bundles.
  • Options
    r3dp4nda#0518 r3dp4nda Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2023
    Maybe Cryptic doesn't understand what people have been saying about the tommy gun. It was an event reward so some people have it account unlocked. If you buy the Picard bundle you get it for only one character. There is no possible way to buy more tommy guns for the rest of your characters if you wanted. I can understand the Privateer outfit being single character from a business perspective, you want people to buy more with lobi for their other characters. However, since there is no way to get the tommy gun for other characters, one can't even buy the Picard bundle again (which would be insane). So making the tommy gun a single character unlock only reduces the value of the bundle and certainly costs them sales, that there is no way to make up.

Maybe Cryptic's orginal idea was to make it single character unlocked with the idea of selling it another way in the future and they forgot that was the plan? Recently Kael said that they won't do that because the Tommy Gun increases the Picard bundle value. As is it only increases it a little bit. Why not increase it a lot?
  • Options
    fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    Even if the Tommy Gun was account wide this bundle is still a complete rip off and lousy cash grab too
  • Options
    scrof#7781 scrof Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    I'll buy it when the Tommy gun is an account wide unlock. Not before.
This discussion has been closed.